• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Quitters

Started by cavergreg, May 07, 2009, 01:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavergreg

Just recently i've had opponents quit the game when they seen that they were gonna lose, and they didnt lose any points, and i didnt gain. It didnt use too be that way, did it?I mean, whats the reason too complete  a game and lose points when you can just quit, and not lose any? 
great site, by the way, thanks

Oswald

Oh, the sad lonely little lives of some people.  Oh no!, my online rook rating will go down if I lose this game!  How can I face life?

Are you sure they don't lose points?  On some game sites, if quitters don't return to the game within a certain amount of minutes, they lose the same rating points as if they'd lost the game.  Isn't that the case here?  If not, it should be.

tudiya

just to bump this and get a fix maybe.  If people see they are going to lose the first hand, they can leave without punishment.  It is rather sad but it happens alot. 

If they leave after the first hand completes, then they lose score appropriately.  But it should happen on the first hand too.

flamingdragon

This is why newer games such as Halo have begun implementing penalties for leaving games.

Whilst it does help a lot, it has a downside as well. For example, when every other player on your team leaves despite the penalty you're really fucked and have to play out the whole game alone against the other team to not be punished. Even then, you'll obviously lose and your ranking suffers because the other people left.

I assume this would apply on Rook too. It's not fair to lose points because your teammate leaves on the first hand.

I believe allowing one hand for leaving is quite reasonable to prevent this, it's not like it matters a lot since you're not deep into the game already. Leaving on the first hand to prevent a loss of points is silly anyway, it's only one hand. You can't prevent getting a bad hand the whole game, and one is insignificant really.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

Quote from: flamingdragon on January 13, 2011, 12:04:03 AM
Whilst it does help a lot, it has a downside as well. For example, when every other player on your team leaves despite the penalty you're really fucked and have to play out the whole game alone against the other team to not be punished.

All this says to me is that the penalties are not strict enough!

Also that I should play Halo with you more.

flamingdragon

I can never be bothered hooking up my only available monitor to my 360, and I have no tv.   :-\
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger