• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Browser crashes

Started by Bakster, May 23, 2005, 02:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakster

I know this is unrelated to the game, but my Internet Explorer browser crashes an awful lot for no reason.

'IE has caused an error in <unknown> blah blah blah'

I clicked on details...decypher:

IEXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:012f3760.
Registers:
EAX=d1034f74 CS=0167 EIP=012f3760 EFLGS=00010206
EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=065ff470 EBP=065ff4b8
ECX=d1122690 DS=016f ESI=012f3760 FS=1a2f
EDX=00000100 ES=016f EDI=00001388 GS=49ee
Bytes at CS:EIP:

matlu

you know, this can be really anything. For example also hardware incompatibility. I had once a motherboard from ASUS (probably not too bad company) with VIA chipset (I don't want to have anything in common with VIA since then) and it had famous DMA bug - cdrom randomly not working or displaying errors.

I guess you should apply latest patches/updates from microsoft and if it doesn't help - perhaps reinstall windows?  (And try to never install programms, which you don't REALLY need)

exiledragon

Disss the firefox.....and it will aTTACK  you back! ;D
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

Bakster

Quote from: matlu on May 23, 2005, 03:38:59 PM
you know, this can be really anything. For example also hardware incompatibility. I had once a motherboard from ASUS (probably not too bad company) with VIA chipset (I don't want to have anything in common with VIA since then) and it had famous DMA bug - cdrom randomly not working or displaying errors.

I guess you should apply latest patches/updates from microsoft and if it doesn't help - perhaps reinstall windows?  (And try to never install programms, which you don't REALLY need)

With my lack of computer knowledge, I won't try anything, as I mwilll probably make it worse.

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on May 24, 2005, 04:27:23 PM
With my lack of computer knowledge, I won't try anything, as I mwilll probably make it worse.

first lesson from "survival on the internet": when some window pops up and it asks you to press "yes" for ANY reason, you always press "no" (or even better "esc"). When someone/something offers you to install some "fancy" feature, always refuse it (unless you are 100% sure that you can't live without it). This way you have some chance to avoid installing of adware or spyware, or something similar.
you should also have some up-to-date antivir program (for example http://free.grisoft.com is free & good)

Bakster

Well that's just common sense, not computer knowledge  :P