• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Fed up of guests

Started by Bakster, May 23, 2005, 03:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakster

There's this one particular guest who's ALWAYS on. He plays me and he is very cocky and abuses me a lot. he is obviously not a noob by the way he plays (get hovership, get close to commander,  summon infinite holograms).  I hate playing guests, not only because of the rating loss, but because of the attitude of them. After all, who's gonna find out their real name if they are on a guest name?
He also relogs onto a new guest name after every match to make me think he's not the same guest.
Of course, he is not the only fake guest, but he is the worst of them.

Solution: ABOLISH THE GUEST FEATURE

kaoss

Quote from: Bakster on May 23, 2005, 03:00:26 PM
There's this one particular guest who's ALWAYS on. He plays me and he is very cocky and abuses me a lot. he is obviously not a noob by the way he plays (get hovership, get close to commander,  summon infinite holograms).  I hate playing guests, not only because of the rating loss, but because of the attitude of them. After all, who's gonna find out their real name if they are on a guest name?
He also relogs onto a new guest name after every match to make me think he's not the same guest.
Of course, he is not the only fake guest, but he is the worst of them.

Solution: ABOLISH THE GUEST FEATURE

lol dude, yea some can be a pain but really man, its easy, DONT play them, i think you are the guy i called a noob once, dude with posts like this, NOOB says it all. Think of something constructive to post on the forum next time, its not that hard.  ;)

matlu

This guest is probably Kaoss, and it's good that he plays as guest, his rating is already high enough. Cannot really help you. If anybody is insulting, report him.

matlu

And I don't think that  guest-feature (or Kaoss himselft, while he remains polite) is source of this problem. The problem is in too small community, you see same 'faces' each time and I guess sometimes it's possible to recognize particular person by his game style, even when he is as guest.

I'm not sure if it is good move right now, but I'm going to ask everybody, to try to promote this site, and try to get new players.

kaoss

Quote from: matlu on May 23, 2005, 03:31:02 PM
This guest is probably Kaoss, and it's good that he plays as guest, his rating is already high enough. Cannot really help you. If anybody is insulting, report him.

Yea thx Matlu i like the way you do things just assume its me cause i called him a noob once. O well so be it. If some1 is abusing u bakster report it, its that simple. I can tell u now that most people who play this game on a regular basis, dont abuse people. Like i said before if u dont like guests DONT play them. I personally would like to see them go aswell, but for this game to grow i feel the feature has to be there, as people who are told about the game will start as guest first, before they sign up. Without guest feature they might not give game a chance?

matlu

Quote from: kaoss on May 23, 2005, 03:43:21 PM

Yea thx Matlu i like the way you do things just assume its me cause i called him a noob once. O well so be it.

You had to miss word PROBABLY at the beginning of my sentence. And I really don't care if you, or anybody else plays as guest (while remaining polite). For problems with insulting - there is the report feature.

Bakster

I've reported this guest numerous times. What the hell does reporting do?

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on May 23, 2005, 10:25:21 PM
I've reported this guest numerous times. What the hell does reporting do?

I will get the notification, with snapshot of recent chat from both of you. If I consider the behaviour of some person really inappropriate, I can ban him

SiR gUt

why everyone act like kids?..................................?????????????
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

ultswordsman

for real take it like a man(or women)

picolo

Guests are a waste of time, breath, and much needed players... #1. MATLU, u say u need more people at DB or what not yet u never know if people are actually coming because they could just log on as guests. #2. You see everyone complaining about guests this and guests that. You could be LOSING people because of this POS function. #3. Actually, there isnt a number three, but u cant do the number thing without at least 3  :D.... We all can see what needs to be done here. EITHER DO AWAY WITH GUESTS OR LOSE PLAYERS...

Bakster

This game has lost a player. It's not because of guests, its because this game is 100% luck.

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on May 30, 2005, 05:44:36 PM
This game has lost a player. It's not because of guests, its because this game is 100% luck.

I  sorry about it. May he rest in peace (or should I say: May he stop spamming the board?)

BTW: sure, luck is very important in this game (as in many other games), I never said it isn't

matlu

P.S. I don't know, maybe I'll change combat a bit, I'm not decided this is the final version

exiledragon

PLz dont, this is from the same person who complains about......everything

http://shizmoo.com/phpbb2/search.php?search_author=Bakster_
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick