• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

new things

Started by ultswordsman, May 28, 2005, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HellsRage666

HellsRage666

aww, nobody even took the time to look at all the nice things we came up with. poo on all of you!

Bakster

If it made the game a tad less luck-based, then I might have looked.

HellsRage666

Well it does... in a defensive sort of standpoint.

HellsRage666

>:(, yeah well... ok.

exiledragon

Sure beleive him but not me :p
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

Bakster

Quote from: zzboots on May 30, 2005, 08:42:17 PM
Indeed.

None of these "new things" really adds much to the game.

At least it adds something. Having new items, such as those, will make the game more interesting and varied.

raikoukami

we do need more stuff but not items ....we have enough items right now we need more various monsters .....

i'll make some stuff up:
Mech:
cyclone(biker kind of monster): 3 strength,2 defence,3speed,4res
truck(like a upgraded jeep):3 strenghth,4defence,5 speed,5 res

alien:
ET (:P): 2 strenghth,4 defence,3 speed,range 4, range strength 3,res 4

Neutral:
warrior (human typed): 4 strength,5defence, 1 speed, 5 res

i don't know if you will like them but all i could come up with

picolo

Goodness gracious all ye players of olde duelboard. We are arguing amongst ourselves when the o great Matlu should be the one telling us which ideas are crap and which ones are better. No point in telling each other what great ideas we have to each other when we dont even know if Matlu is watching the stupid fued. You guys done wasting my time yet?

BlitzJoker

Quote from: picolo on June 07, 2005, 03:42:44 AM
Goodness gracious all ye players of olde duelboard. We are arguing amongst ourselves when the o great Matlu should be the one telling us which ideas are crap and which ones are better. No point in telling each other what great ideas we have to each other when we dont even know if Matlu is watching the stupid fued. You guys done wasting my time yet?

A game made like this would not make it in the business........if it were soley based on what matlu likes and dislikes the game might be great for him, but the majority may hate it. You must take into consideration what the majority wants, and tune your game to that.

matlu

Quote from: picolo on June 07, 2005, 03:42:44 AM

I really don't know. I sort of feel that I'm in a dead end with Cyber Battles. I want you to understand my point: I have spent half a year working on it, and now I have NICE game with maybe 100 active players. The problem is, that it really doesn't pay off to run such site for 100 people. It's something like to open a big supermarket in a tiny village with 100 inhabitants.
And I really don't know how to attract more people. Word-of-mouth way doesn't seem to work very well. Maybe most people consider such game obsolete at the present?
The only idea I can come with is to make some paid advertising - and I guess I will TRY it, but I cannot spend too much money on it, and the outcome is VERY unsure.
And: CB is GREAT game, but I sort of don't believe that it will ever get some very big audience. I'm really afraid that most people would just consider it too outdated, and won't pay any attention to it. I think it's more likely that people will play Chess, Checkers, Reversi, Connect 4, because these games are well-know and very popular.

The best next thing I can think of  - is to make some really attractive game. And it should be: some MUD/MMORPG. Something with very similar engine as Runescape 1. I would probably like to make it VERY different, for example to style it a bit sci-fi, maybe cyberpunk or post-apocalyptic, whatever, I don't know yet.
This is best thing I can think of, and I guess I will concentrate on it. In fact I started working on such game one year ago and lot of work is already done, but I put it on hold due to CB. I think I will try to dust it off now. I will show you some prototype very soon.

Regarding CB:
- it's no problem to make small changes. Add new creatures, or some other small change. But please no dramatic changes.

I hope you understand my point. Any ideas/comments are welcome.

raikoukami

i've posted the link on two mmorpg forums i used to play on but its not haveing much affect on us but its also 12:00 midnight lol

Parsley

Focus on polishing off Cyber Battles in order to secure those 100+ players for the long term.

Then worry about the Big project.

The_Gu3st

;D Finaly looked at it! Yeah matlu, I understand what ya mean. I guess people can just decide what they like or not and if they want it, then its fine with me.

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on June 07, 2005, 12:28:05 PM
Focus on polishing off Cyber Battles in order to secure those 100+ players for the long term.
I'd say that CB is already more polished than Cyberwars ever was.