• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

ADs??

Started by HellsRage666, June 03, 2005, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HellsRage666

Matlu, did you just get a whole bunch of ads onto ur website? Its like crazy with em now.

matlu

Quote from: HellsRage666 on June 03, 2005, 01:16:27 AM
Matlu, did you just get a whole bunch of ads onto ur website? Its like crazy with em now.

Can you please explain what's crazy about them? They are most decent ads one can get I believe. Definitely more decent than what jagex has or had. You've never seen an ad on internet before?

HellsRage666

I just meant crazy as in they are everywhere, no as in they are indecent. Why the sudden need for ads though?

matlu

It's not sudden at all. I knew from the beginning that there will be ads once. It was already discussed on the forum long time ago, and I also explained how much does it cost to run the server.

Btw, don't worry, I won't get bloody rich. It's not even going to cover the costs I pay for the server monthly. HONESTLY. More questions? Or any ideas?

exiledragon

add more adds, bloody rich is something you need to acheive  ;D
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

HellsRage666

what wrong with being bloody rich? Go for it.

flamingdragon

I have 2 pop-up blockers, so i dont mind pop-up adds  ;D

add as much as u like
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

Quote from: HellsRage666 on June 03, 2005, 02:40:19 AM
what wrong with being bloody rich? Go for it.

nothing's wrong about it, it's just kinda hard to achieve  :-\ But now I at least have some motivation to work on the site and make it better in order to get more players  8)

matlu

I found out, that these ads are fun :p  They try to display relevant ads, based on the content of each page (based on most used words).

For tournaments section it displayed ad for:  "DVD with complete carreer of Mike Tyson" (probably due to word "torunament" and posts from "Mike")
For graphics section it displayed ad for some company that produces robots (due to "sentry robot")

BladeSabre

Yeah, Google ads are OK.

matlu

Quote from: BladeSabre on June 03, 2005, 01:35:31 PM
Yeah, Google ads are OK.

that's why I've choosen them, I would sure not dare to disturb with pop-ups, or anything obtrusive

flamingdragon

Everyone can just get pop-up blockers. The google toolbar you can get at google even has one.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

Quote from: flamingdragon on June 03, 2005, 05:12:16 PM
Everyone can just get pop-up blockers. The google toolbar you can get at google even has one.

sure, I also use it. But sometimes it also blocks thing, which shouldn't be blocked  :-/

Parsley

Sell T-shirts & baseball caps.

Can I order one 'You Sunk my Battlemech!' t-shirt in medium/large?

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on June 03, 2005, 05:20:27 PM
Sell T-shirts & baseball caps.

Can I order one 'You Sunk my Battlemech!' t-shirt in medium/large?

lol, this could really work  :p  But I guess I'll wait with t-shirts :p