• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Rookie rating

Started by pokerhantas, July 12, 2010, 09:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokerhantas

I wish you would set up some tables for rookies...I was asked to leave a table because they didn't want rookies. 

How else do we get rated if they don't like to play with us because we're rated this way.  I pointed out that they all had to start somewhere but the snobs still ask me to leave.

I've played Rook for years but just found this site so being a rookie has NO bearing on my competency in the game.

If we had a dedicated table for rookies we could all benefit so we become suitable for the "elite"

DrDan

you have to climb your way up playing other "rookies" like everyone else. what you dont understand is that if a red or pink loses to a blue, they lose a ton of rating points, so its nothing personal, its just not worth the possibility of losing.

Nonapeptide

Pardon me while I dig up some zombie threads, but I didn't want to let this one go...

Quote from: DrDan on July 13, 2010, 03:24:13 AM
you have to climb your way up playing other "rookies" like everyone else. what you dont understand is that if a red or pink loses to a blue, they lose a ton of rating points, so its nothing personal, its just not worth the possibility of losing.
The fact that people care enough about a number next to their name (concerning a game that few know about on a site that fewer care about - no offense to the site owners intended) to behave like a jerk to other human beings is nothing less than appalling.

I'm finding it hard to get games going even with people rated in green. There are simply not enough unrated players to create our own tables and play amongst ourselves. Many thanks go out to those who will consistently play with noobs, NatchTigger5, SweetPea25 and Mallie to name some of the few and proud.

Perhaps it might be nice to have a room only for adults where the grown-ups can play and not be bothered by the little ones who seem so obsessed with arbitrary numbers next to an imaginary nickname. Worth a thought.  ::)