• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New Rook Game?

Started by RGVBaptist, November 20, 2010, 02:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGVBaptist

Okay, forums state I can ask anything, so let's see if that holds true or if this gets deleted....   ;D

I'm wondering who might be interested in starting a new ROOK on-line gaming site.  Specifically, I'm looking for a couple of financial backers to invest in the project.  We're not talking huge sums of money but I won't go into specifics here.

If you're interested, please post in this thread and I will contact you regarding the opportunity.

matlu

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I'm curious what exactly is wrong about Duelboard? (except the fact that it's owned by me and not by you) Thank you :)

Regarding your question, I guess you better ask in the lobby, I don't think that too many people read the forum.

RGVBaptist

I don't mind you hijacking.  It's your site, you're free to do as you please.   8)

As for what's wrong with DuelBoard, I can only invite you to visit the General Forums and perhaps read the emails from disgruntled players.  I could provide a list of problems, but since they've already been given and ignored I don't feel that their would be much merit in giving them again.

matlu

The only problem I'm aware of is the problem with rating (considered by many people unfair).

I already stated my opinion in General forums, I know that there is a problem, and right now I'm trying to tune it up by reducing the number of points you can win or lose. I think that before you could (in extreme situation) lose or gain 16 points, now it should be just 8. I will probably lower it further. If this proves not solving the problem (I think it probably won't), I will simply switch it to getting/losing fixed number of points (and maybe also getting some extra points for some special achievements). Anyway I won't do such change during members-only period.

Another complaint I saw was about supposedly one-sided tables, which is really nonsense. You people try to play poker for money, it will make you understand variance.

Did I miss anything?

RGVBaptist

Yes, you only missed about 10 other things.  No biggy though -- as I said before, you are free to do as you please (or don't please).  That's part of the blessing of being the site owner.  I know from experience what you face.  I built an on-line game from scratch many years ago and ran it successfully for quite a while.  Eventually, player complaints drove me nuts and I sold it.

matlu

QuoteYes, you only missed about 10 other things.
Could you please mention few more problems? People are probably not complaining loudly enough  ???

QuoteI built an on-line game from scratch many years ago
Any chance I could see that game? Just out of professional curiosity :)

RGVBaptist

I'm not going to mention the problems.  The people are complaining, but they are falling on deaf ears.

As for the other game, it is dead.  The new owner killed it due to neglect of the players.

matlu

I would still like you to mention some of the problems, if you don't I will assume you know of none.

RGVBaptist

8) That's pretty sly, Matlu.  But, that kind of blatant manipulation doesn't work with me. 

Here's a help for you though, since you seem incapable of grasping this.  There are at least 3 posted in the Suggestions/Game Rules forum RIGHT NOW.

flamingdragon

Yeah, Matlu is pretty sly indeed. Asking you to tell him what the problems you want him to fix are. That sneaky, manipulative motherfucker...
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

Quote from: RGVBaptist on November 21, 2010, 09:32:18 PM
Eventually, player complaints drove me nuts and I sold it.

And yet he's wondering why Matlu doesn't respond to every cock and bull complaint  ;D