• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

One-sided tables

Started by hammike, January 10, 2011, 05:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammike

The tables in Rook are so one-sided it is no longer fun to play.  I just played 3 games, every game was that way.  In fact, in the last one, one person had the Bird and 14s five hands in a row.  The only skill you need here now is finding the right seats to sit in.  A good game would be evenly matched where bidding and playing skills come into play.  With the cards the way they are, those games are few and far between.
eaten today? thank a farmer!

Dodger

There's nothing causing this problem, it's the way of card games hammike. Sometimes you're lucky, often you're not.

I'm sure you would not be complaining if you had had good cards many times in a row, you would have said you'd had a lucky streak.

Since all card games are to some degree, luck based, if you can't cope with occasional bad luck you are perhaps playing the wrong game. May I suggest Chess?

hammike

As a matter of fact I was on the winning side in 2 of those games.  What fun is it when you know as soon as you sit that you are going to win because the cards are coming to you and your partner constantly?  It is supposed to be a game of skill and it isn't the way it is now.

Ms_Deal

Who is this dodger person that always feels the need to reply to our post?...They don't even play rook yet they always have a sarcastic reply to us. 

Matlu, is this a partner of yours?...Makes it hard to come to your site and pay to play when you have someone like dodger being a smartass to us everytime we have something to say here...

Dodger

Quote from: hammike on January 10, 2011, 09:41:42 PM
As a matter of fact I was on the winning side in 2 of those games.  What fun is it when you know as soon as you sit that you are going to win because the cards are coming to you and your partner constantly?  It is supposed to be a game of skill and it isn't the way it is now.

In which case I rescind my allegations. My apologies to you. However, it is still just the luck of the cards.  Sometimes you get a winning hand, one that you cannot lose with. This happens in all card games, just enjoy your lucky streak :)

Quote from: Ms_Deal on January 11, 2011, 01:56:08 PM
Who is this dodger person that always feels the need to reply to our post?...They don't even play rook yet they always have a sarcastic reply to us. 

Matlu, is this a partner of yours?...Makes it hard to come to your site and pay to play when you have someone like dodger being a smartass to us everytime we have something to say here...

I am sorry to hear that you object to my interest in helping Matlu contain the many egregious comments that are posted. I'm sure he is a busy man and cannot hope to deal with you all personally. Should he wish me to stop posting, he need only say so.

I do not however have any affiliations with him, much to my disappointment, as I would quite like his attention on some matter, which is why I keep returning to check if he has replied to my mails.

Regarding my previous post, you will not find a sarcastic remark, just a person trying to dissuade the original poster from the belief that the game is flawed, which I highly doubt. If you read it in any other way then please let it be known to me so that I can correct my mannerisms accordingly in the future.

Ms_Deal

First of all..when we post here ..we are trying to talk to Matlu, not u...second..do u even play rook?

Dodger

Correction, when you post here you are opening up your question for public discussion, that's why it's called a forum.

If you wanted to talk solely to Matlu then he has a perfectly good e-mail address, and this forum has an adequate private mail system.

As an answer to your question, I have not played Rook for some time, but I support Matlu's endeavours in whatever form they may take.
However, the question originally posted by Hammike was not actually regarding the nature of the game of cards known as Rook, but the method in which the cards are dealt by the program itself. I feel I have sufficient knowledge of this process to help him come to a conclusion.

matlu

Dodger please give them a break :)

Regarding the question, I believe that the tables are not one-sided, anyway I will investigate it, I will collect statistics how often each side wins and I will let you know the results.

hammike

It is not that north/south wins all the time or east/west wins all the time.  The problem is that when you sit at a table and the bird and all the 14s are going to either n/s or e/w for 4 or 5 consecutive hands.  If you happen to be on the right side of the table all you need to do is click your cards, there is no challenge.  If you are on the wrong side, you don't stand a chance because you don't have the cards.  It happens a lot.

T3h luggage

Quote from: Ms_Deal on January 11, 2011, 01:56:08 PM
Who are you people?  Do you even play Cyberbattles? ;)

Ms_Deal

We play rook and ask about rook....dodger is the one that keeps giving his 2cents worth......

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on January 13, 2011, 07:42:58 PM
Dodger please give them a break :)

;) Aww, you always spoil my fun Matlu. Hehe.

Quote from: T3h luggage on January 14, 2011, 02:48:51 AM
Who are you people?  Do you even play Cyberbattles? ;)

I hoped I might run into you, I might have a spriting/graphics job for you if you're still into that stuff...Message me if you're interested.

hammike

Three years later and nothing has changed.  3 games in a row we had rook 9 of 10 times.  Does Matlu know he still owns this?

T3h luggage

These forums are (were) for Cyberwars, not for Rook.  You were never likely to get a response from him about Rook stuff here.

hammike

Actually, Matlu used to respond to many questions regarding Rook on here.