• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

First turn death

Started by Kiz, June 07, 2005, 07:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiz

In-game, it's possible to beam fire next to a captain that can kill in the first turn. I remember it was a rule in the original cyberwars that a captain cannot be killed on the first turn at all. I think this is fair, because the players should have at least one turn to have the option to prepare against something like that. That move is basically a cheap shot.

Also, the alien blob in the original game had a small chance that it would just move to another square as well and I've noticed that the blob is multiplying a wee bit too fast so this could even things out.
This is just my opinion, if you don't agree or if you're too lazy I'd understand.  :P

matlu

First turn death:
- just FYI there already is a rule, that any attack fails on the first turn. It includes hand2hand and ranged attacks. It does not include fire & goo, but I guess you are right, it should not be possible to commander this way. I'll move it to TODO list

Goo:
- you are probably right as well. I guess I will make it more like fire (it will start spreading quite fast, but stops spreading at certain point)

The_Gu3st

Matlu, dont change goo, it's just his opinion. I think goo and fire should be different. Goo and fire have own advatages and disadvantages, Goo can be destroyed, therefore, should spread faster, fire is undestructable. Its fine, leave it please.

(also, check out "My new username?" in the glitches section)

Kiz

Quote from: The_Gu3st on June 08, 2005, 12:01:41 AM
Matlu, dont change goo, it's just his opinion. I think goo and fire should be different. Goo and fire have own advatages and disadvantages, Goo can be destroyed, therefore, should spread faster, fire is undestructable. Its fine, leave it please.

Well, first of all, what I'm proposing is completely different from the way fire acts. For fire there is a chance that it burns out, what I'm suggesting is that there is a small chance that the goo moves. This will hardly change the rate of expansion for it.
As well, the fact that goo can be destroyed does little to support it, since if you don't attack it early in its development there is almost no chance of slowing it down and it'd just be stupid placing your units next to the goo just to attack it.

I don't see what the problem is, this is how it worked in the original cyberwars and many people were fine with it. Trust me, I've played it when goo acted like this and it does little to change gameplay other than giving goo a sensible replication rate and a tiny chance that if the blob has space to move it might just move off of your monster.

raikoukami

and for the fire and blob its about a 5% chance it might hit you...
This game is more probability

Bakster

Quote from: The_Gu3st on June 08, 2005, 12:01:41 AM

Goo can be destroyed, but it is very hard. It must have like 6 or 7 defence, so only the strongest monsters can have a chance of destroying it, and by that time it will have spread a lot.

Goo spread way too quickly, and in games where goo is used it is generally a draw because nobody can move anywhere.

matlu

Goo is defence 6. I also feel that it is too fast.

BladeSabre

QuoteTrust me, I've played it when goo acted like this and it does little to change gameplay other than giving goo a sensible replication rate and a tiny chance that if the blob has space to move it might just move off of your monster.

I agree with this. And the bit I bolded is a good feature.