• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Firefox - Problem Connecting

Started by Wmets, May 31, 2011, 03:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wmets

Hello.

My username is Wmets.  I just began playing on duelboard again about a week ago.  I've played quite a few games since coming back and have had absolutely no problem until today.  Today, I went through my usual routine.  Logged in, clicked on a room.  The popup came up and flash loaded up fine.  It told me I was trying to connect and displayed a bar.  After a short period, the bar filled, and I was told that I am unable to connect.  I hit retry and the same thing happened.  I tried another room and the same thing happened.  I tried a spades room and the problem persisted.  However, once I switched over to Internet Explorer, everything worked fine.  I much prefer using Firefox to browse the net, and like I said I have had no problems with it and duelboard up until today.  Any idea what the problem is?  Is there anything I can do to fix it? I'm connected via Internet Explorer as we speak but there must be some reason why I can't connect via Firefox today.

Thanks!
-Will (Mets)

matlu

I tried and for me it works with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Maybe you installed some plugin to Firefox (or enabled some feature) which is meant to e.g. block advertisements, or somehow improve security, or block some viruses, and this feature also prevents duelboard from working. If you are not sure if you did something like that, you can try to remove firefox and install it again. I have no other idea, sorry.

Wmets

Thanks for looking into it.  Actually, after two days of not working on Firefox and working on IE, Rook is now working on both again.  Not a clue as to why, but good to go!