• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

My New Username?

Started by The_Gu3st, June 07, 2005, 11:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gu3st

Lol.... probably wondering why there is a question mark after "My new username".... well... here is the story.

Playing a game with Skin and Drakonus, right after drakonus kills me with his mech i click "Click here to exit" and i am sent to the screen where it says you have made a user name.... and pretty much looks like this

Okay well, id show you, but it wont let me paste the screenshot. So Matlu, i'll Email it to you, and you can put it up for me maybe.

(it says i made the username ":F*BOX**BOX*g*BOX*BOX*T*BOX*T*BOX*H*BOX*E

The_Gu3st

I emailed it to duelboard@directbox.com

And matlu, i swear to you, it is not a virus of any sort. It is an attachment however to a Microsoft Word 2003 document however with a screen shot in it.

exiledragon

Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

matlu

Thank you. Actually, I guess I know why it happened, and it should be easy to fix

The_Gu3st

matlu

Quote from: The_Gu3st on June 08, 2005, 12:46:45 AM
Why did it happen?

Not very easy to explain, it's quite internal programming stuff. Basically it is a bug. I think that it happened, because you pressed "exit" and somebody else made a ranged attack at exactly same time. So you were removed from the game, but your computer still received a message about ranged attack. This message was unexpected (you were not in game) and it was incorrectly interpreted as "registration" message, (because these 2 messages have same "code", and it is not good). So I'll have to make sure that each message has unique code, even when they are used in different context (one is used during game, and second during registration)

The_Gu3st

Oh okay gotcha, and yeah, your right, His b-mech killed me and then must have shot the nearby blob.

matlu

I uploaded new evrsion, this problem should never happen again (I hope)