• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Acid Spitter

Started by BladeSabre, June 09, 2005, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BladeSabre

matlu

Nice, I will put it in the game (late night today)

(when you need some help with programming let me know)

BladeSabre

At the moment I'm trying to knock a ball about on the screen, like Javanoid with no bricks. I can add some bricks once this works ;). I'm quite new to Java still.

matlu

QuoteAt the moment I'm trying to knock a ball about on the screen, like Javanoid with no bricks
well, I see you still have to walk a long way to get to your multiplayer rpg  :P

Quote from: BladeSabre on June 10, 2005, 11:52:04 AM
I'm quite new to Java still.
same with me  ;)

Some some kind of games may be better to use Flash (but I know almost nothing about flash myself)

BladeSabre

Yeah, I've got a long way to go. I was quite a lot further on with C, but I got sick of it. So I've got to learn how to do my old tricks in Java now.

Flash has some advantages to the end-user, but I find it very fiddly to program in. I prefer to write my program in text files rather than always having to select objects and stick a few lines of code onto each one. It's like Visual Basic gone wrong. The editor's interface annoys me too, especially that I can't open the help file in a separate window. (The only alternative to the built-in help is a set of HUGE pdf files that lag up my computer and take ages to find anything in.)