• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Booting Bug

Started by Kiz, June 11, 2005, 06:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiz

Sometimes when I'm in game I get booted out to the intro screen.

Bakster

I'm guessing it's because you're idle for a certain amount of time.

I find this highly annoying, because if you're waiting for someone else to log on and you get booted off every 2 minutes...

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on June 11, 2005, 02:43:15 PM
I find this highly annoying, because if you're waiting for someone else to log on and you get booted off every 2 minutes...

it's every 5 minutes

ultswordsman

are u sure because i get booted every 2 minutes....

matlu

quite sure. If it booted you sooner, you had to lost connection.

It counts 5 minutes of inactivity. By activity is meant some action, e.g. clicking some button, or sending chat text. If you just type some letters without pressing enter - it's not an activity.

Kiz

I remember, I just took a guy out the previous turn half a minute before I got booted. And it probably wasn't a disconnection, because the applet didn't even try to reconnect, it just went straight to the intro screen.

matlu

Quote from: Kiz on June 11, 2005, 09:34:19 PM
I remember, I just took a guy out the previous turn half a minute before I got booted. And it probably wasn't a disconnection, because the applet didn't even try to reconnect, it just went straight to the intro screen.

this reconnecting feature is not finished. Quite often it simply boots you to login screen, without trying to reconnect. Sorry, no time to work on it

TheMcCool

How it happens with me, is it first reconnects me with no problems... Then a bit later it boots me to the login screen without trying to reconnect. This always happens after I've already been reconnected properly once, never before. Not sure if this helps you or not, but there you go.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

The_Gu3st

Exactly what happens to me. Infact, yesterday, i was in a 6 player game with matlu himself and andre says "and now watch as the_guest mysteriously disconnects", and of course.... i did. Soo close to winning it too.... ARGH! So... so... close  :'(

matlu

Yes, I was there, I saw it, and I understand how bad it was. But as I said many times before, I can do very little when someone loses connection.

I thought that it happens mostly to people in the usa, but yesterday I spoke with several people from the usa & canada and they all claimed that they don't have such problems (it was Andre and some other guys, I don't remember the names). So maybe there is something wrong with your ISP or I really don't know.

The_Gu3st

Either way, it's in the past. I bet you both got a kick outta that though...

Andre

matlu

Quote from: The_Gu3st on June 15, 2005, 11:29:10 PM
I bet you both got a kick outta that though...

.... "got kick outta that".....   hm, another interesting phrasal verb to remember :p I'm not sure what's improving faster in this project, whether my programming skills, or my english :)  both is good of course

<Edit>:
"both is good"  should mean, that it's good that it's improving (and not that I think that it's good)

The_Gu3st

Haha, "got a kick outta that" means i bet it made you laugh. Whats your native language?

matlu

Quote from: The_Gu3st on June 16, 2005, 12:35:08 AM
Haha, "got a kick outta that" means i bet it made you laugh. Whats your native language?

Click this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak_language

(wow, they claim that 500.000 people in the USA speak this language)