• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Game Skins Poll

Started by Parsley, March 23, 2005, 04:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would be your ideal 'skin' style?

Fantasy:  e.g. Dungeons & Dragons
11 (50%)
Cartoony:  e.g. DBZ
0 (0%)
Alien:  e.g. Star Trek
1 (4.5%)
Sci Fi:  e.g.Star Wars
10 (45.5%)
Original:  e.g. CW
13 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Parsley

matlu

Some my notes:

- I *definitely* want to have "fantasy" skin, very similar (or same) to game "Chaos". The reason is, that Chaos still has many fans, and I believe they would be attracted by this skin.

- I *definitely* want to have "sci-fi" skin (very similar to original CW) - for same reason, to attract old CW players. (And this is what is currently used)

- I'm not sure yet how it will be implemented, there will be either separated lobby for each version, or there will be only one lobby, with option to select skin when creating new game.

- It is NOT likely that I can start implementing this "skin system" in current month (march), more likely I can start working on it at the beginning of april. (when more important things are finished)

Odin

I too agree to stick with the CW and Chaos skins as there are player bases existing for them and I'm not sure about those players, but I don't really believe I would bother using the other skins. Might also make it a bit confusing for new players to have so many skins.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

Ashoc

I had always thought of remaking cyberwars, but i seriously lack the programming knowledge and all that good stuff, but i had always liked the idea of maybe a good vs. evil theme.  perhaps demons against angels, as opposed to aliens and mech.

Odin

Quote from: Ashoc on March 29, 2005, 06:43:52 PM
I had always thought of remaking cyberwars, but i seriously lack the programming knowledge and all that good stuff, but i had always liked the idea of maybe a good vs. evil theme.  perhaps demons against angels, as opposed to aliens and mech.

Sort of the same, though I don't like the mythology ("angels") part. Could be an alright idea to have a "Drug wars" (I too think they shouldn't charge for possession) skin, with perhaps in place of commander "Drug lord" for the drugs side and some sort of high authority figure such as "Commissioner" for the other side. Could have "Acid Tripper" in place of Acid Spitter. Even if such a skin would be sort of just for the sake of doing something.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

T3h luggage

Yeah, my friend told me about an older game like this one that was fantasy-type...
he couldn't remember it well, though.  only that it was cool.

matlu

Quote from: Odin on April 03, 2005, 09:37:51 AM
Sort of the same, though I don't like the mythology ("angels") part. Could be an alright idea to have a "Drug wars" (I too think they shouldn't charge for possession) skin, with perhaps in place of commander "Drug lord" for the drugs side and some sort of high authority figure such as "Commissioner" for the other side. Could have "Acid Tripper" in place of Acid Spitter. Even if such a skin would be sort of just for the sake of doing something.

Hm, could be cool :) On "drugs" side there could be monsters like  "drug lord",  "smuggler", "dealer" and "junkie" :) On police side there would be normal police ranks.
Instead of equipment there could be some drugs.
Fortress => opium den
disintegrate => lethal dose
Actions, that change alignment could be called "bribes" (to increase drugs alignment) and "investigation" (for police)

.. just ... where to get graphics

ZAPTONE_Z

OMG i love that drug wars idea

you buff your commander by shooting meth ect hahahahahah