• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

How do you make graphics

Started by zozefup, June 21, 2005, 11:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozefup

How do you make graphics?  there has to be an easyer way than paint.

BladeSabre

There are faster ways than drawing them in Paint one pixel at a time, but the results are usually not as good...

(Of course, you can draw them in any other graphics program that allows pixel-level editing; however there will always be the temptation to try to save time using things like the "gradient tool" - and on graphics this small, this must always be resisted!)

Rob Gambino

Zoz, if you really want to try your hand at making graphics, there is a pretty good free graphics software.  Google terragen and see if you like it.

BladeSabre

Yes, I've seen a lot of good landscapes come out of that software. Not for this kind of graphics though, surely?

Rob Gambino

I don't see why you couldn't.  Honestly, I don't know hardly anything about graphics, but I've been informed that is the closest photoshop you can get for free.

T3h luggage

I use Paint.  I like Paint.  Paint is good.  Paint is your master!  Submit your will to Pain(t)!!

BladeSabre

QuoteI don't see why you couldn't. Honestly, I don't know hardly anything about graphics, but I've been informed that is the closest photoshop you can get for free.

Terragen is designed for landscapes (which are usually quite large). It is not designed for 32x32 pixel sprites.

Photoshop is designed for modifying photos. It is also a good catch-all graphics program - you can draw landscapes in it, or 32x32s, but neither is likely to be very good.

If you hardly know anything about graphics, then why are you making suggestions on how to do it?

Rob Gambino

Trying to help any way I can.