• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

percentages for cyber battles

Started by Adam, July 09, 2005, 05:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakster

Dodger

Dodger

Seriously something weird is going on....Is there a problem with the game matlu?
I killed CrazyHaze by destroying two beacons with my mount then killing him with it,....
more to the point, me and haze then both failed 80% spiders on the same turen, and all 6 def monsters got killed by weak monsters. We have both failed fire and goo (90%) about 5 times each in 5 games. There
Let me put it this way, there is something weird going on....
Oh and I havn't beamed a single 70% all day!!! I am totally serious!

anima

Maybe the random number generator developed a personality

Dodger

Lol acyually i know what you mean....something just happened that make me want t take it all back....i just killed a guy who had force armour with a disrupter...
That means i had to succeed resistance roll(dunno %), and then defence roll (like 2%)

CrazyHazy

I just died by a disrupter to Dodger, and i had force armor. That is bull.
C  ~       Perfect Assasins
R    ~
A      ~
Z        ~          The
Y          ~ >---Sabre---> 
H        ~        Killers
A      ~
Z    ~
Y  ~

CrazyHazy

C  ~       Perfect Assasins
R    ~
A      ~
Z        ~          The
Y          ~ >---Sabre---> 
H        ~        Killers
A      ~
Z    ~
Y  ~

Dodger

everytime something weird happens im gonna add it to the list

ultswordsman

well i got 4 b mechs from 4 beacons and 3 of them worked at 40 50 and 60% and others failed at like 90% ???
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

anima

Quote from: Bakster on September 08, 2005, 05:50:21 PM
1 in 720,000 ;D

Im sorry Bakster, but your calculation is incorrect. Decimal to fraction doesnt work like that e.g. 50% = 0.5 = 1/2 not 1/5.

Soooo, its 1/1389 chance, which sounds more accurate. Correct me if im wrong..you're the one who is meant to be doing higher math ;)

Bakster

0.5 does equal a half, but it also equals 5/10 which is a half.

0.01 = 1/100 right?

Ahh. I did make a mistake. 0.00072 = 72 in 100,000, which probably simplifies to whatever you said.

I've had 6 weeks off maths and education in general! Don't be so mean :'(

Dodger

waylan

Quote from: matlu on July 29, 2005, 02:54:16 PM
right, there is something like hidden fractional part (like BladeSabre said)

The_Guest is close, but not exactly right

When you right click an action in select-action screen you can see the alignment points of each action, it can be 0, Life(1), Life(2), Tech(1), Tech(2)

So each action can contribute up to 2 points. But it actually takes 3 points to see a change. So you have to succesful perform at least 2 Tech actions to actually change world alignment.
The exception from this rule are special alignemnent-change actions, which directly add 1 or 2 to world alignment.

<EDIT> to clarify it a bit more: there is *hidden* alignment value, which you don't see. The *visible* value is equl to *hidden* value divided by number 3.

So if you beam-down a jeep and probe (each of them is Tech(1) ), the actual hidden value will be 2. The visible value is still 0.

well ill explain what just happened to me which puts this in doubt.

i tried to put down a 100% spideroid at alignment 8 and it failed. the guy before me put down an eye. so the eye changed the alignment right? - not according to what you said as the eye's alignment is life(1) and cant change the alignment all by itself.. Well maybe someone put down a life creature before which was life(2) meaning only one thing like an eye was needed to decrease the alignment. wrong because every move previous to that had been a tech move - the eye was the first life move in the game. after my spideroid failed the 3rd player used jetpack. and hey presto after all 3 turns the alignment was still 8.
can you explain this to me. because after being killed by about 4 drones, 3 probes, 6 hoverships and a firefox, opponent's commander surviving spider,tentacle,sabre 3 times etc.etc.       .....    i think this is the most stupid thing ive seen in this game.

The_Gu3st

It is possible that the tech 8 alignment was tech 8 with 0 tech upgrade points.

The eye would add one life point to the 0 tech points making it tech 7 with 2 tech points.

That lowers the chance to 90%, you failed the spider and the jetpack succeded once again adding one tech point to the previous tech 7 and 2 point. That makes 3 total points to increase the alignment.