• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

battle thingz

Started by Adam, July 10, 2005, 04:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

its probably been suggested and i dont remember all about the game but i think there should be a battle thingz game... it was a lot of fun and i think it would add more variety as the only games there currently are are traditional games and cyber battles...

im sure most everyone who is here was at gamesdomain castle so you probably all remember the game in general, if this is a supported idea that needs more information about the game id be happy to share all the information about it that i remember

TheMcCool

Well, I think battle thingz sucked even more than cyber wars. The only thing fun about it was forming monsters that could beat monsters a level above them, and laughing at people who thought they were gonna get an easy win. Once you figured out the winning combinations(there were basically only a few really good ones) the game was pretty much down to luck, and waiting.

So, if you do do battle thingz, just don't make it a priority. Work on cyber battles. (The Reconnecting bug! :P)
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

BladeSabre

I always thought Battle Thingz had too much luck in it. Also the point-values of the body parts weren't very well balanced. It was a fun idea though, and could probably be built upon.

bizolt

we hould contribute to make it..it wouldnt be that hard since all the graphics were non-moving(except for atacks)

matlu

first of all, I have totally no idea what it was about, and what was its gameplay. Somebody could try to explain it, preferably through email.

Adam

ill handle that then i was just hoping morely to get more opinions on it from other people.. i always liked the game... its a game that requires people though... in order for it to be effect it has to be active

BladeSabre

Wouldn't it be better to talk about it here, so then we could all fill in the gaps in each other's memory?

matlu

sure, we can also talk about it here. Just please note that I haven't even seen a screenshot from that game :)

BladeSabre

OK :). Well I'll see what I can remember.

Each player has a monster which is made from a head, body and tail. There are lots of parts to choose from, and each part has different stats and attacks. Each part also has a cost to buy, and it has a level and a points value as an indication of how good it is. I happen to have a few shop screenshots, so I'll post one.

A battle screenshot would have the two monsters facing each other, with their health and energy bars below, and environment issues. (There was random weather which affected their attacks.)

Each turn, both players selected an attack from one of the body parts. The monsters struck simultaneously. The attacks would fail a lot; far too often IMO.

matlu

Well... it seems quite simple.... maybe too simple. Is there also some strategy involved? :) For example when choosing the attack. Why not to always choose the strongest part?

BladeSabre

Well, attacks can work better or worse depending on the weather. (I know that isn't really strategy, but it might mean that you don't always use the same one.)

For two evenly-matched monsters, who would win was determined by luck more than by player skill.

(Edit) {
Oh yes, there were different kinds of moves. There were straightforward attacks, moves the monster would do on itself, and I think there were also attacks that could stop your opponent's strike. So there was some second-guessing involved too, in that if you try to block the opposing monster, and it does something to itself, then you've wasted a move. This isn't really strategy either, but I think it was the closest thing.
}

I'm sure you can come up with something better...

bizolt

it did involve a lot of skill, you could not just use the strongest attack because your energy would go down, the enrgy regenerates though each turn...

the strategy was involved when in the first attack, indtead of atacking, you could try to deflect/block therefore losing barely any energy and unharmed, while the opponent lost major energy

matlu

Well ok, I'm a bit tempted to start working on it, because several people request it.

<edit>
but, it still seems very random to me. It seem to be only guessing - whether oponent attacks or not, whether block or not. There is some difference between "strategy" and "guessing".
Wouldn't it be better to work on Crypt instead?

BladeSabre

Ever notice that in most strategy games, a player has a small army with several pieces? It is very difficult to have real deep strategy when each side only controls one monster. If you can crack it, I'll be very impressed.

<edit> It's even more difficult to include strategy if you just put them facing each other and they stay in the same place for the entire time. Movement and terrain really help. But then it would be a different game...

matlu

well, you just summarized, that this game inherently lacks strategy. This brings us to question, whether it makes sense to have such game :) It seems like some people played it, and some would still like to play it (they seem to not mind the lack of strategy, that's probably because it's targeted at very young people?)