• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

flying slime vs. predator

Started by matlu, March 19, 2005, 10:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

Response to a question asked by Raith:
QuoteI was wondering. after you fix the server so it can work for a little again,
why does a flying slime kill a predator or mech so easily? Also slimes kill
tentacles easily too.

- the server is already fixed (although it still crashes from time to time :) )
- I don't think that flying slime can kill predator 'easily'. Result of combat really greatly depends on strength and defence of engaged creatures, but also on luck. For example flying slime has 30% chance to kill predator, and 20% to kill tentacle. So it's not likely, but still it may happen quite often. I think that percentage is correct and fair. Later I will write in details how exactly combat works (and also other things which depend on luck)

Odin

Would be no different from a Commander, Tank, Hovertank, Laser Robot/other being able to kill a Predator. Difference is only desperate players would attack a Predator with their Commander, unless their commander had Jet pack and were behind several creatures to prevent the Predator from attacking commander. The idea of a guide on the percentages does sound good though (suppose one "improvement" for this game would likely be how much more comprehensive it is over cw).
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham