• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

most likely cheaters(not sure where it beongs)

Started by Adam, July 23, 2005, 12:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

the 2 people on the top of the checkers board, Reg50 and Smallguy4422, both have 200 points and must have cheated to get there... yesterday i was on and neither of them were on the board that i recall... that many wins in 1 day seems impossible concidering i have great difficulty finding anyone to play in checkers half the time...

matlu

I'm deleting them

<edit>  they will remain in scoretable untill someone else from top 20 gains or loses some points, I cannot update it myself.

anima

Dont want to really interfere but, yes the evidence does suggest they are cheating. I know that they are friends who live the same area so it seems likely.

Adam

little late as they were deleted already a while back.. and reg already talked to me with excuses saying that he was just playing his friend.. he didnt really have an explanation for how they both won so many games against each other and managed to both go up in points... but ya know... it happens... i guess...?

matlu

There are ways to recognize it. They WERE cheating. I never deleted anyone without a very good reason.

Adam

yeah... dont worry matlu ive seen plenty of people we will get you used to sarcasm soon enough ;D

The_Gu3st

Sarcasm to a foreigner is pretty damn hard. Probably why he didnt understand my post regarding blitz in "clones".

Adam

to thank matlu for making such a great place and working so hard for us we will teach him in the ways of sarcasm though  :P

T3h luggage

Quote from: anima on August 01, 2005, 03:19:27 PM
LOL. They were deleted ??? They must have changed their names slightly and made a return. Sorry my mistake.

BTW, is sarcasm unique to english, because i have not come across another language that features it. If this is the case, than that's one more thing the english can be proud of ::) <--- Get it...sarcasm :P
Nonono, Sarcasm isn't unique to english.  That would be silly.

matlu

QuoteLOL. They were deleted  They must have changed their names slightly and made a return. Sorry my mistake.

as I already said SEVERAL times, they were only deleted, not banned. Nothing prevents them from creating new account with exactly same name

QuoteBTW, is sarcasm unique to english, because i have not come across another language that features it

You are a bit mistaken
1. I know what is sarcasm (btw I guess I had more linguistic related education than anyone of you. I studied english-studies at university for some time)
2. it's sure not limited to english language. It's one of so called "semantic figures of speech" and it may appear in any language

btw Oscar Wilde (master of sarcasm and my favourite english writer) said that it is "the lowest form of wit". (It was sure meant sarcastically though)

matlu

This is sure also present in all (currently used) languages

Adam

wow........................ this is a great conversation :o

Bakster

I have an inkling that Reg50 is back at it again. I keep seeing him playing a Guest.

Adam

its great that all this time no one has mentioned my typo in the topic name  ;D

TheMcCool

It wasn't a funny enough typo to make a joke out of..
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh