• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New Battle Mech

Started by BlitzJoker, March 23, 2005, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzJoker

This one took me a while, but I think it looks alright. Its modled after the old battle mech, but is completly new. I haven't made a sequence for animation, because I want to know what people think before I put in all the time.

Comments?

Odin

Looks pretty good, though dark. Matlu was thinking of renaming the Battle Mech to "Mech Warrior", due to possible copyright reasons (the game is a "clone", not a "copy") and it sure looks a lot like a Mech Warrior than the current thing does.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

Kevin

I like the design, however, I like the current mech right now

Michael

I agree, I think that the current mech looks better. Although, this mech looks good too but Odin's rite, its too dark.

*We are all destined for greatness*

BlitzJoker

I am busy for the rest of today, but I will make every shade of gray 10% lighter. Tomorrow I should have a new one ready for repost. I will say i detest the current battle mech

Parsley

How can you say you'll change the name from BattleMech to MechWarrior in order to avoid copyright issues?! :P

lol

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on March 24, 2005, 11:43:37 AM
How can you say you'll change the name from BattleMech to MechWarrior in order to avoid copyright issues?! :P

lol

That's exactly what jagex did. They took a game, changed graphics, changed names of monster, modified rules VERY slightly, and subsequently released the game under new name. Probably not very clean from legal point of view, but if it worked for jagex I'm not afraid either...

Parsley

I meant the term 'MechWarrior' itself... I'm pretty sure they've already used that one.

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on March 24, 2005, 04:21:58 PM
I meant the term 'MechWarrior' itself... I'm pretty sure they've already used that one.

Sure, but I don't think that anybody would mind. In fact most terms were already used somewhere (Alien Queen, Predator) but nobody objects.

TheMcCool

MechWarrior is the name of a series of computer games..

I suggest "Gundam".
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

ZAPTONE_Z

duh

just make it 'Kill Bot'

matlu

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on March 24, 2005, 07:40:19 PM
just make it 'Kill Bot'

Hm, and what about changing it to TERMINATOR?  I'm sure someone could draw some nice metal skeleton with red eyes...  and I don't think that Arnie would object ;)

BlitzJoker

I made them a little lighter and attempted to animate them.....idk how it will look though

I also made a "dead" stage

BlitzJoker

I changed the feet a tiny bit. I just substituted it in for the old ones.

BlitzJoker

Changed the format to GIF....