• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New Battle Mech

Started by BlitzJoker, March 23, 2005, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odin

Quote from: Rainbow McCool on March 24, 2005, 05:41:48 PM
MechWarrior is the name of a series of computer games..

I suggest "Gundam".

I don't think anyone would really care too much as there is a huge difference (isn't there?) between the games "MechWarrior" and "Duel Board" (praying for a better name). Gundam is more a "unique" name, so the argument would not work. If you can seriously think of a better name than "Mech Warrior", go on ahead.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

TheMcCool

Eh, I was just supplying information. You guys can do what you want. Serious suggestions then...
War Construct
Uber-Mech
Mech Lord
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

BlitzJoker

Mech Warrior is the one I like the Most

TheMcCool

Obliteratron
Invalidater
Revoker
Nullifier
Null-Bot
Nullitron
Nutrasweet
Alpha Titan
Auto-Titan
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

HellsRage666

NutraSweet...wtf? Besides... i think thats copyrighted, lol  :P

BladeSabre

flamingdragon

Yes, WARMECH!!!!!!  (was origanally suggested by me in new action names topic)

and just for zz we can refer to it as the warmech formally known as battlemech
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Myke

ah if its gonna be a mech warrior can it have a sword and a gun? please? please? please? lolol  ;D
Myke-T: The alcoholic maniac from Long Island.

ultswordsman

YES A BIG GUN AND A SWORD WITH FLAMES AROUND IT :D

flamingdragon

and ahh.. who is going to do awesome graphics of sword and gun.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

ultswordsman

no idea but it would look cool

cDigital

Both Battle Mech and Mech Warrior have been used before.. Jagex didnt make Battle Mech name, they ripped it from the game that Mech Warrior ripped from.. A long time ago there was a series of Virtual reality games called Battle Tech.. I loved that game.

matlu

Quote from: cDigital on June 19, 2005, 07:06:32 AM
Both Battle Mech and Mech Warrior have been used before.. Jagex didnt make Battle Mech name, they ripped it from the game that Mech Warrior ripped from.. A long time ago there was a series of Virtual reality games called Battle Tech.. I loved that game.

I said it before and I say it again: it's not really important whether one particular name was, or was not used before. It's not what makes a game unique. I don't care whether one particular unit has same name as unit from some completely unrelated game.
But I don't want my game to be exactly same, as cyberwars was, so I don't want to have exactly same SET of unit  names.

You are right with BattleTech, originaly it was board game played with plastic miniatures of robots, it was extremely popular game and they later made also computer version. There were also other similar board games, I played Blood Bowl.

<edit> or maybe full name of that game was BattleTech Warhammer, I'm not sure, they probably had many versions and game systems

Kevin

Matlu I have a question.
Whatever happened to the battle mech located at:
http://s8.invisionfree.com/BBcyberwars/index.php?showtopic=77

BlitzJoker

It was replaced.

And for (in my humble opinion) a good reason. I looked at that mech, and thought it was so horrible, that something had to be done to replace it. The battlemech has always been an "icon" of the game, like the unit everyone remembers, and having it be replaced by such a horrible (dancing?) thing simply would not do. I will also add that I look at mine, and think it could also be improved.....but I don't think I could do much better. I have no experience in making animated graphics(this was my first), and I wouldn't be mad if T3h Luggage or anyone else were to make a new version to replace mine...........as long as it looked better.

Oh an btw, whatever happened to BBCyberWars?