• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

"anima" is italian for "soul"

Started by anima, July 26, 2005, 12:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anima

Hi. Since identity is such an important part of Cyber Battles, i would like to discuss nick names, their meaning, the reason why they were chosen, and peoples favourite names besides their own. My personal favourites are Konig_wolf and Drakonus. :P

Duel_Master

ummmmm........ there isnt much to say about my nickname ? but i do like anima its got a ring to it.

Bakster

The_Gu3st

Mine is cuz i always used to play on a guest account and kill everyone. They all knew it was me when i played for some reason.

BladeSabre

Well, I was a Sabre. The first part was fairly random. Though I'm into swords.

matlu

My story is pretty simple. The company I worked for some time ago assigned to every employee an abbreviation consisting of first three letters from surname, and first two letters from first-name. That's how "Matlu" was created. This abbreviation was meant to be used only for email account and as login to some computers, but with some friends we started to like it and used to call each other with his abbreviation.

btw I remember that some time ago there was some kind of funny chain-letter suggesting people to create their "star-wars" name this way :) I don't remember the details, it was also something with letters from your name. Sometimes it was posible to create quite funny name this way.

The_Gu3st

Lol thats funny... if i did it to mine it would be Sadan (sudan almost... lmao)

Konig_Wolf

konig is german for King, (i'm not Germanic in anyway) and i like wolves

The_Gu3st

Konig, if you have such a great interest in your name, why are you always on a guest account  :P

haferhole1

hafer + blasthole1  ;D

(...dont ask...)

click my egg to get ur own

Bear

well i chose "Bear" bcuz... well thast my last name... every1 i know just about since grade 2 or 3 has been callin be bear... or somethin like that.... Muskwa is Bear in Cree.. so that was another name i used.... Bearmaster is a name i made up years n years ago.. like when i was 13... it was a online mulitplayer name.. Red Cloud... is a native american chief or somethin..from the old days.. chose that name... but yea i had many more.. but i think ill stick with bear.. had this nick for like 10 years lol
Im the Original Aboriginal... The First Nation Creation...

Wildtigre

i thought up the name wildtigre because this one time in games domain someone scammed me on my masenko account and i fell for it. and i chose masenko because i was a dbz fan. but now im known as mase and i got that from shortening masenko.

: ))))))))))

The_Gu3st

mase = wepons fan (and for those that know, he enjoy's playing "games" with his hooker.)  ;D

TheMcCool

My names rarely have any meaning... Unless it's an rpg or something, they're usually joke-names I think up on the spot, but sometimes they grow on me over time. TheMummer... When I came up with that, I didn't even know what a mummer was. Over the years I used in the Castle, I thought it was cool, but also kind of regretted it at the same time. Especially after I looked it up. McCool is another name I've gone by for a long time. It's probably almost as old as TheMummer. Back in the days I played Ultima Online, a friend of mine I met there introduced me to mIRC, and I told him to think up a chat handle for me. His suggestion was "Johnny McCool" (we joked around alot), but I ran with it. I shortened it to "McCool" eventually and the rest is history.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Fleur De Chanson

fleur de chanson is french for song flower which i got from my real name..first name is melodie, middle name is rose