• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Information on Mutation....please!

Started by anima, July 31, 2005, 07:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anima

Is mutation just a random occurence like many of other factors in the game, or is it a tactical move that can be predetermined?

By this, i mean do certain creatures mutate better? It states that mutate is affected by the res. and def. of a creature, so does this mean that they affect the outcome or just the chance of it happening?

And while im in a questioning mood ill ask something else; can occupied vechicles be hypnotized? Im guessing 'NO', but i just want to be sure.

thanx

matlu

QuoteIt states that mutate is affected by the res. and def. of a creature,
I don't think so. It doesn't mention anything like this.

Mutate is influented only by resistance. Monster with resistance 6 has 60% to resist (to not be affected at all). The outcome is totally random, it may mutate to any monster.

Adam

actually im pretty sure mutate isnt affected at all by resistance or defense... i think mutate is an alien based action, as its 70% on neutral and goes up with alien alignment...

and as for is it a tactical move? definately.. is it a 100% guarenteed good tactical move even when its a 100% action? no... i had my flying slime mutated into a predator once.. and ive mutated spideroids into droids before... so it can save you or it can do nothing but waste it if you say try to mutate a slime blob and it goes into a probe... its a risk but it can be very helpful at times

and no, occupied vehicles cant be hypnotized... its been tried before :P

The_Gu3st

I didnt quite understand adams first paragraph but forgive me if i am repeating him
When the world alignment is alien 3, mutate works no matter what. Ive never had a mutate fail when it shows at 100% even if it is a resistence of 8. Other than that, it may fail since it is a 70% action.

Adam

yeah.. dumbed down thats kinda exactly what i said.. except i said it with reasoning and logic... no offense :-\

mutate is an action based on the normal percentage(as is cyborg, probe, alien, predator, alien queen, spideroid etc.) unlike disintegrate, disrupter, or hypnotize, which is a 100% percentage but really relies on the resistance of the monster youre using it on

matlu

QuoteIve never had a mutate fail when it shows at 100% even if it is a resistence of 8. Other than that, it may fail since it is a 70% action.
Ops, it looks like you are right  :o  My mistake. I forgot to implement resistance checks. Currently it really ignores resistance

Adam

:P dont worry about it you can leave it as is i like it that way

BladeSabre

I don't like it, because currently, it's too easy to mutate an opponent's powerful monster. I've had my stuff mutated a bit too often and was wondering what was up with it.

Bakster

Well it's one of the few ways to combat a big monster. I never mutate my small monsters in a vain hope to get something good, I mutate any good monsters the opponent has.

matlu

I agree more with BladeSabre. The "resistance" property has to have some meaning. Otherwise we can completely remove it

Adam

not for mutation, anima

and yes, resistance needs to have some factor... but when it comes to mutation i feel that has more to do with the action not the monster, therefore resistance shouldnt have anything to do with mutation... mutation would be caused by radation which would have the same effect on anything depending on how strong it is rather than how strong the monster is... disruption and such try to destroy the monster with the same strength no matter what monster, therefore requiring resistance to matter... the same goes for hypnotize... its always going to be the same strength it just matters how much the monster can resist... its a lot different from mutation...

therefore now that ive done my rant on how i like mutation as is due to it being a good strategy key as is, i end with this: keep mutation as is! 8)

Bakster

Ahh...good old physics...too bad I'm dropping it next year :P

Adam

it is a life action... so it would make sense... either way i still stick by it should stay the way it is :-\