• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

DSL VS Cable

Started by TheMcCool, August 03, 2005, 09:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMcCool

I guess I have connection troubles at random times during the day, while most of the time it's fine. I've done some research, and alot of factors can cause problems for DSL connections. It's just due to where I live, and stuff in the neighborhood. Not much I can do about it. What I'm wondering is whether Cable is suceptible to such interference. I am guessing it isn't, with the only problem to worry about being slowdown based on how many users are in my area, or something like that. I don't mind slowdown, as long as it doesn't get ridiculous. Dropping connection randomly is 10 times more annoying than some lag.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Wildtigre

ive had both. both are roughly the same speed xcept on cable my downloads were always 300+kb/s : )))). cable should not give u any more lag than what u had on dsl, and when i had cable i almost never disconnected. although, my ping is lower on dsl than it was on cable. Go for cable.

Cable > DSL > Dial-up. :).

eddie

ur forgeting about t1,t2, and t3, which are WAY faster then all of them combined