• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Cyber Battle Screenshots

Started by Bakster, August 09, 2005, 04:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakster

During my Cyber Battles career I have taken a variety of screenshots. I will post them here. If anyone else has any screenshots (I'm sure you do!) then post them in this topic.

Predator

As you can see, I have 3 preds and a queen. ;D I also had a real battle mech on the field. The last 2 preds came from my last two beacons :D

Craziness

I remember this. Fanatic (bottom) and Reg were teaming up on me (top). Ironically, Fanatic's goo killed Reg, and I forgot the rest.

Beacons

24 beacons on Turn 2. Unfortunately, Mase couldn't complete the set. I was also listening to Jimmy Eat World at this point :-\

Cyborg

This was a funny game. The two cyborgs (which belonged to me) survived for two turns against light saber and the pred. The commander (who has 5 defence) also survived the cyborg onslaught. In the end, I think one of my cyborgs died and the other killed him. As you can see, I am expressing my amusement at this. My opponent was not so happy.

Here are two drawn screenshots. Warning: Lots of goo involved.

Draw 1

I am busy hiding in the goo on my jetpack whilst my slime blob hopelessly tails his armoured commander ;D

Draw 2

tuvillo is hiding in his own goo, whilst I am at the other end with a spider! :'(

That's all for now. Matlu, can you make it a sticky so as to preserve the wonderful screenshots of our community? ;D

BladeSabre

Why are your screenshots so large?

The_Gu3st

He doesnt crop them... no biggie.

matlu

no, he had to increase the size somehow

waylan

i think he uses 640x480 resolution on his desktop or something  :-\

Bakster

I don't know this screenshot mumbo jumbo!

I just went to imageshack website, clicked host, and that was that.

The_Gu3st

:P lol nice answer... I couldnt have done it better myself. Besides, why does it matter?

dragon75

omg nice screenshots bakster. :) i'll post a few here in a bit.

EDIT: here are some screenshots. this one is right after i died in a 6 way game. i was almost gonna be a 2 on 1 win for me. i had defeated bear, but anima stood fast, grrrrrr.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/ultimategamer17/rightafteridied.jpg

and this one is where the commanders wouldn't die, and the corpses are evedent all around. it's an old pic, but it's kinda cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/ultimategamer17/cyberwarsscreenshot.jpg

and here is a little bit after i died, where anima and dodger got rooted in and tried to survive as long as they could.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/ultimategamer17/dodgerisfucked.jpg
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

Dodger

lol thanks for the last one Dragon......

I have a few from that battle, which are pretty cool....I'm just gonna post them straight to the forum though cuz i can't be bothered with hosting...

This is Cdigital and abc battling it out after their spiders had annihilated everything else....

cDigital

Who likes goo?

http://home.comcast.net/~seadigital/goo.jpg

Quoterightafteridied.jpg
dodgerisfucked.jpg
abc gets raped.PNG

lol  ;D

matlu

Goo is a bit too strong, I'll have to make it behave more like fire

BladeSabre

QuoteMe:  Why are your screenshots so large?
Gu3st: He doesnt crop them... no biggie.
matlu: no, he had to increase the size somehow
waylan: i think he uses 640x480 resolution on his desktop or something
Bakster: I just went to imageshack website, clicked host, and that was that.
Gu3st: lol nice answer... I couldnt have done it better myself. Besides, why does it matter?

It doesn't really matter, I just thought it was rather weird. Shouldn't the applet be the same number of pixels in size no matter what your screen resolution is? The applet in these screenshots is like 900*680 pixels. The HTML code containing the applet states that it should be 560*440 (and everyone else's screenshots match that).

The total size of Bakster's desktop in the pictures is 1280*960. So Bakster, I'm going to guess that you've got an LCD monitor with a natural screen resolution of 1280*960, but you've set it to 800*600 or something similar. That might create the effect I can see here. So, does that fit with reality where you are?

matlu

QuoteI'm going to guess that you've got an LCD monitor with a natural screen resolution of 1280*960, but you've set it to 800*600 or something similar. That might create the effect I can see here.
I doubt this could create that effect. The picture had to be resized by some software, maybe it happened at imageshack or during grabbing the screenshot and then pasting it to some graphical editor.

BladeSabre

Well, on my CRT monitor, if you set the colour depth to something less than 24-bit, then any screenshots taken during that time will have the lower colour depth (even if the software being screenshotted was outputting 24-bit colour). LCD monitors can't change screen resolution like CRT ones can, they can only do pixel-doubling. So depending on the setup of the computer, screenshots might be pixel-doubled too. I'll try it on my laptop later and see what happens.

The real question to find out what's going on: Bakster, if you open your own screenshots in Paint, are they bigger than what you see when you're playing the game, or are they the same size?

cDigital

QuoteGoo is a bit too strong, I'll have to make it behave more like fire

I think I like the powerful goo.  Tis a bit stronger than memory serves, but I never used it before dualboard..

p.s. the pic above was our goo's joined together after 34 turns.  :D