• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Is there any way to make this resemble castle?

Started by sabre_king05, August 09, 2005, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabre_king05

Im sure if anyone has asked this before but is there anyway this could resemble castle where u walk about then choose which door to go through?

and with the whole advertising thing how was castle so popular?

sabre_king05

matlu

QuoteIm sure if anyone has asked this before but is there anyway this could resemble castle where u walk about then choose which door to go through?
It would be possible, but it would take long time to make it, and it's totally useless

Quoteand with the whole advertising thing how was castle so popular?
I'm not sure what you mean

sabre_king05

on castle no matter the time of day there was always at least 20-30 people online, but how did it get so popular

The_Gu3st

Yeah and sometimes in the peak moments it had around 300-400. Anyways, it got popular becuase it was around for a long time and because all the RS players heard about it.

matlu

I don't think its popularity has anything to do with RS. In fact they closed The Castle after RS started be popular.

I really have no idea how they became so popular. I guess I heard somewhere that they were somehow connected with British Telecom (probably many games were originaly created for them) and this gave them big publicity.

You can be sure that if I knew how to make this site more popular, I would have done it long time ago.

Again, you can help by spreading the word and letting people know.

BladeSabre

My guess is that the Castle was so popular because it was state-of-the-art stuff back then, and there was nothing else like it. Nowadays, the masses are impressed by the latest generation of flashy graphics.

TheMcCool

LOL, no, it was not state of the art. There was nothing else like it though. What made it unique was the crappy 3d main chat lobby, and cyber wars. No one else had ever thought of attaching a 2d boardgame suite to a crummy 3d castle chat lobby, and no one has since to my knowledge. It had a strange appeal. And Cyber Wars may be based off of Chaos, but they were the first to bring it online to a mass audience.

The Castle was most popular before RS was ever made. RS sucked players away from the Castle. Yet the Castle continued to be semi-popular even while RS grew. But it closed down suddenly because of Yahoo buying Gamesdomain.com. Nothing to do with RS. Yahoo already has an online multiplayer games suite, so the Castle was redundant as far as they were concerned.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

BladeSabre

I know you could get more advanced downloadable programs, but it was really the new thing when it came to stuff that could run in a web browser.

sabre_king05

i have recently started using rs so do u think it would be a good idea to try and do mass advertising on there or has it been done already? ???

BladeSabre

Advertising on RS itself or on the official forums is not allowed. I believe it is not allowed on most of the third-party RS forums too. So tread carefully. If you see someone mention the old Castle, have a quiet word in their ear when no-one is watching.

cDigital

Site submittions are a great idea.  Good homework for free advertsing.  If everyone helps submit it is very good.

http://www.duelboard.com/forum/index.php/topic,465.0.html

waylan

Castle was popular because it was part of gamesdomain, which had many people visiting it already. Then they saw the multiplayer castle and had a go on it - thats how i started.