• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

I need help

Started by TheArbiter, August 10, 2005, 08:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArbiter

I know i sound like a idiot....cus iam......BUT
i need to know how to post a animation on here
step by step
"dont laugh at me" :-[
please...anyone.....

Dodger

Firstly, I'm pretty sure you cant do it on Blade's program. You cant save the file.
You need a program like Animation Shop. That is what I use and it is pretty easy to understand.
You should be able to download it somewhere.
Once you save the file to a .gif you can post it on the forums like you would a usual picture.

BladeSabre

You can't do it with my program. All my program does is draws each section of your image to the screen in sequence. The point of it that's it's a lot quicker than making an animated GIF, so you can use it to check your animation every couple of minutes when editing, without wasting a lot of time on that.

You've got two choices, I think. If you want Animation Shop, you can download a 60 day trial of the Paint Shop collection, which I *think* has Animation Shop included in it. It did when I downloaded it a while back. Paint Shop rocks, anyway. Just PLEASE don't start drawing your 32x32 graphics in it. You're doing pretty well so far and I'd hate to see you lose the path ;P
Go here: http://www.corel.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3Uk/Products/Display&pfid=1047024670813&trkid=ukgrgopsp2

Alternatively, if you don't like big downloads, huge complicated pieces of software, or 60 day trials, then you can use UnFREEz ( http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/ ). It takes a bit longer with this, but it's very simple, and only has a few options. Plus it's a tiny download and it's free. Having Windows XP (well, XP Paint) is a real help, otherwise it's a rather tedious process and you might be better off with Option 1.

Let me know your choice, and I can help with whichever one you go with.

TheArbiter

Iam not sure on wich one...i will research them both first
thanks for the help ;D

TheArbiter

I used the second one
exactly what i needed
thank you very much ;D ;D ;D

The_Gu3st

holy snap... it looks like he's using a machine gun... can you slow it down a bit?

TheArbiter

of course, but i got some work to do on it cus wen i converted it into a gif the colors got a lil messed up
i just wanted to post it to show my animation idea for the blaster
::)

The_Gu3st

oh okay gotcha.  btw, you gonna come for the night session?

TheArbiter

If i make it any slower, it looks like its being showed in slowmotion "matrix style"
so iam not sure, this is the slowest she can go and still look okay wit out me changin the animation

TheArbiter

The_Gu3st

well i guess depending on ur time zone but yeah... i mean for like the next 5 hours will you be on. Lol

BladeSabre

When it goes into the game, it'll be animated at the game's speed, so you might as well animate yours at that speed, and then modify it until it looks right at that speed. I think the frame delay is about 15ms in the game.

And don't worry too much if the animated GIF has messed-up colours - it's just to give people an idea what it looks like. The important thing (that actually gets included in the game) is the non-animated image that has the 4 frames next to each other - and I suggest that you can save that as PNG, which leaves the colours alone. The animated GIF is an extra.

So, your post could be something like this:

Dodger

I think it is more like 26....or it may have been 36...i cant remember, it is posted somewhere...I think it's in T3h_luggages giant thread.

TheArbiter

Its at like 17 for the delay between frames as of now

matlu

I like more the version without arm movement, this looks a bit weird to me.