• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New Commander prototypes

Started by Iced_Marche, August 11, 2005, 01:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iced_Marche

Well I made Two Commander protypes..'cuse we seriously need new ones becuase the ones we got now suck

First one:

Enlarged version

Second one:

Enlarged version

If anyone wants to give me any ideas ill make them work scince i have flash and im very good at it,((we really need new monsters and commanders ect ect...))

ultswordsman

red one nice but i dont like how he moves

Iced_Marche

lol ya, I dont like how he moves either but bleh, I could make him wakl normal, or just about anything else

Iced_Marche

I know thier alittle, animeish but they are prototypes i got like..lots more o.o;

Iced_Marche

Added this one today...mmm big sword goodness o_o

Iced_Marche

Red commander another version of it, sorry if its kinda scratchy it got hard becuase im working with a black backround insted of a white one.

TheMcCool

They're pretty cool, and I like the style, but could you post them all in normal size and make sure they're 32X32 pixels?
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

The_Gu3st

I like em but they dont match what-so-ever with the ingame commanders and you cant start commanders out with any sort of wepon. Besides, didnt parsley already take care of em???

TheArbiter

I like them.....but they neeed to be 32x32
I learned that the hard way too
...."idk if yours are....but they dont look like it"
the animations are cool tho  :)

matlu

hm, they look too good, like they were taken from some other game

TheArbiter

I was thinking the same thing......maybe hes just that good...... ???

matlu

don't know, this red guy looks more like Robin Hood, definitely not suitable for Cyber Battles. 
Quotething......maybe hes just that good......
hm. Maybe. But in this case.... what the hell is he doing *here*? :p

TheArbiter

Lmao :)
i dont know
maybe hes expecting pay?
i send in my graphics cus i have nothing else to do at 2 am
well....i could sleep.......i guess
plus this is good practice for a career i hope to get a job in someday...."computer animation"
i dont have much for resources tho....iam on a pc wit a broken mouse and only art program i have is paint
guess its better then nothing though lol
"p.s. maybe his graphics would be more suitable for your rpg thing??"

matlu

Quote"p.s. maybe his graphics would be more suitable for your rpg thing??"
the graphics for that rpg thing will be a bit complicated. The player characters will have to be created as "paper-doll" if you know what I mean, there will be many different layers, base body, leg armour, body armour, head cover, weapons etc. and each layer will have to be drawn separately. It is necessery in order to be able to replace your weapons and armour and have differenr sprite for each combination.
Non-player characters will be simplier, but still each monster will need several phases, from several angles (front view, side view, back view, and also view from 45 degrees).
Just have a look at RS 1 and think about what was necessary to achieve it.

Parsley

Ignoring the fact that these do look ripped off a japanime RPG...

Remember that when you animate, people are going to be looking at these for a fairly long time, so the movements have to be something that won't irritate people off after several hours of staring at them.

What I've found that works & doesn't:
- Don't move body parts too much, as it looks highly repetitive after a while.  Same goes for sweeping weapon movement.
- Mechanical parts moving or changing colour works very nicely
- Blend/smudge animation allows for ~50% more movement than a raster/cell animation (changing the actual position of the moving item); looks a lot less jerky.
- Minimalise every animation to it's bare essentials; I'm not very good at doing this yet...