• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New Commander prototypes

Started by Iced_Marche, August 11, 2005, 01:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArbiter

I also agree on the whole possibility of these being riped off from some other game "possibly a jap rpg gameboy game"....look familiar......iam not into those games, but i see them reviewed on tv alot.....i cant name the game they remind me of tho
however.....the animations still nice...lol even if their not yours......not to say there not......i mean........umm......... ???-runs away- 

BladeSabre

QuoteBlend/smudge animation allows for ~50% more movement than a raster/cell animation (changing the actual position of the moving item); looks a lot less jerky.

I don't like this, and it really doesn't fit with everyone else's graphics.

Parsley

It's a fair point.  Imho it provides a degree of progress from the original Cyber Wars, but the inconsistency between rendered and raster graphics certainly detracts from the overall look of the game.

However, as long as Matlu's happy to keep on upgrading the fx I think consistency is something that will come with a consensus among designers on what works the best - and the only way to figure that out is to design stuff, chuck it into the game, and see what sticks.

+ it's always possible to render a raster, but very tough to raster a render...  ;)

fyi -
raster = graphics constructed from pixel-by-pixel drawing;
render = taking these drawings and using design tools to make them look more realistic.

Although I admit it's a bit of a stretch calling anything that's 32x32 'rendered'
:)

BladeSabre

I much prefer pixel art for small pictures. Because you don't have very many pixels to work with, it's more important to make each one count. Computer programs don't understand how modifying one pixel can change the whole look of the thing at this size.

When you take a tiny picture and "render" it, I would say that the effect was "smudgy" rather than "realistic". I think the working area is far too small to aim for "realistic", and it's better to go for something bold and simple instead.

Iced_Marche

lol you all are pretty good, makes me happy that you people know your sprites! lol, the sprites where ripped from games and i gave them new animations colors even added stuff to them..so thier not the SAME sprites as far as movments but they are like different..you know what im saying lol!,but I did just realize they need to be in 32X32 which is kinda hard for me, but ill come up with something lol

TheArbiter

I got bored so i tried a commander..........heh........

Parsley

That would make a fantastic psi lord

BladeSabre

Bakster

anima

If i remember correctly, our friend iced marche, is from a animation board. He said to me, that this place needs to be improved (graphically), and then he flamed my commander   :(

Parsley

Get more people over from the animation board.

The only decent spriter we have at the moment is Luggage...

Who's been fairly unproductive recently.

Iced_Marche

Quote from: anima on August 12, 2005, 03:58:59 PM
If i remember correctly, our friend iced marche, is from a animation board. He said to me, that this place needs to be improved (graphically), and then he flamed my commander   :(
I dont think i was in the animation board and i dont even know you o.o; but if i did and dont remember it sorry dude

TheArbiter

What about using my guy for a psi lord???  ???

anima

I dont think i was in the animation board and i dont even know you o.o; but if i did and dont remember it sorry dude

Sorry, my mistake ??? The other day, a guest was talking about new graphics, so i put  two and two together and assumed you were this guest.

BTW, nice graphics.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: anima on August 13, 2005, 02:33:11 PM
i put two and two together and assumed you were this guest.

^I know this is completely off-topic but i've never understood that saying ^.

Why two and two? Why not like 6 and 6 or 1 and 1? And if you think about it, it doesnt really make any sense whatsoever. 2+2=4?

Wouldnt it atleast make more sense to ay "i put 1 and 1 together"?

;D Sorry for the off-topicness, but i'd like someone to answer this.