• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Different game mode

Started by jamesishere, March 25, 2005, 05:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesishere

After the base game is finished, how about adding a different mode that is exactly the same, except with new items and monsters? Such as:

Nuke: Does damage in a 3x3 square, so many enemies can be hit at once.

Traps: When they are placed it says at the top of the screen for everyone "A trap has been placed!", but it is invisible until someone steps on it.

Commander clone: So your enemy can't be sure which one is real!

A new world alignment, maybe "Terra" (earth) that is full of monsters that are made out of plants. Just an idea, but a third alignment would be fun.

Missile launchers: Like a gun turret, but with more range and only spawn 1 at a time (instead of several).

Mass Holo Detector: Can only have a slim chance of happening, regardless of alignment. If successful it destroys all holograms instantly (including your own).

Zombie: Each monster it kills instead turns into another zombie instead of a corpse, with the commander controlling it. Holos do not turn into zombies, and instead disappear.

Cargo plane: Can hold multiple monsters and fly long distances, but cannot attack. Capable of transporting a team of monsters quickly.

Invisibility/Sensor: Cast invisibility on any monster (not commander) to make it invisible to other players until it attacks or touched accidentally by an enemy. Sensors can be placed that make invisible monsters visible.

Laser Beam: Shoots through an entire line across the screen, damaging all monsters in its path (including your own team's).

Those are just some ideas off the top of my head.

Din Ninja

It sounds cool to me but i think it will be to much effort and time.

jamesishere

One more thing, and this is easy, how about at the beginning of each game is an entire set of commander graphics that you get to choose from? This could allow the use of fun graphics, like ninjas and well-known figures from the media.

matlu

Quote from: jamesishere on March 25, 2005, 05:33:45 AM
One more thing, and this is easy, how about at the beginning of each game is an entire set of commander graphics that you get to choose from? This could allow the use of fun graphics, like ninjas and well-known figures from the media.

nice idea, but it will not be possible to have TOO many commanders to choose from (each additional graphics costs some bandwidth, and increases the time needed to download the game). But it would be possible to have let's say 10 avatars to choose from, no problem.

Din Ninja

I agree, having a few commanders to choose from would be nice. That way, you wont get stuck with a commander that doesnt look good or something.

Odin

Some of them seem great. As I previously mentioned to Matlu, I think any further additionals from what is supposed to be there (as in everything from the original cw or similar things) should be made optional (that way if someone doesn't like my suggestion, they don't have to use it and the same goes for if I don't like someone's suggestion) and whoever starts the game decides what options should be enabled (such as "No draw", meaning the game keeps going until everyone but one commader/team has won) through check boxes (square-shaped box things, similar to how cw and all the other castle games made it so you could disallow people in Grandmaster standing or everyone but beginners from entering your game).

I believe my idea of making any new additions optional probably would work best.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

BlitzJoker

The only problem with everything being optional, people would have to enter and leave games to find the one that fits their likings, and there would be a lot of options. Maybe simple things like no draw, but when having huge things like what james is speaking of, i can't see making it just an option.

Odin

Maybe make it so you can examine a game to see how well it fits your preferences and maybe (somewhat better taking into account the fact there isn't much time before a game starts) have the games be color-coded by how well they fit your set preferences (it sure annoyed me when I entered a game with 2 minutes per move or more).
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

Odin

If "Nuke" is implemented, maybe make it only affect Mechanoid creatures, while perhaps having a "Plague" affect Alien creatures. Adding to my previous post, perhaps similar things would be grouped together as an option. If the clans idea is implemented, perhaps it can be viewed outside the game as to how many team members from each clan would be allowed to enter (similar to how DroidArena had arenas as 1/corp, 2/corp and so forth saying how many people from a clan, or corporation as it was called there, were allowed to enter).
-- Benjamin Graham

Ashoc

i dunno about these new items, i've always stuck with, if it's not broke, don't fix it

zzboots

Quote from: Ashoc on March 30, 2005, 06:59:35 PM
i dunno about these new items, i've always stuck with, if it's not broke, don't fix it

:) 

But i was thinking, renaming virus to plague and electropulse to something like nuke wouldnt be such a bad idea.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

TheMcCool

I think I suggested this on another board, but.. It would be possible to have a normal game mode with no new stuff, and an "extra" mode where we can test new stuff. I see nothing wrong with that, could be fun.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh