• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Cyborg Attempt (Updated 9/08/05)

Started by Zai, August 22, 2005, 03:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zai

The cyborg has always been my favorite creature because of the att/def strengths and movement. So I wanted to make an attempt at it.

Thanks to Matlu for pointing out a host for images online!

Also thanks to our current artist, T3h Luggage, for the mutant (looks awesome!) which inspired this!

Mod #2!

Here's my completely redesigned cyborg + modification:

Base model:

matlu

The design is nice, but it's not animated very well, it's too static. The only thing that changes between frames is red flashing light, and almost invisible finger movement.

QuoteIt would be nice if someone could help me host this on your own site to actually make the picture appear on this forum. I only have a free account in angelfire.)
There are many free-image-hosting services, like imageshack.us   (and many many others)

Dodger

Nice, I like it. But the animation does need work.

Zai

Did a complete redesign after looking at the original Cyborg again.

The major failure for my first prototype was trying to make it look too humanlike. Very very difficult to make perfect human walking.

I think the appeal for the original Cyborg was in its zombie-ish state, which is actually easier to animate by far (and looks better). So here's my new attempt.

TheMcCool

It needs to be more buff and manly, with big burly arms and a more prominent red monocle.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Zai

I buffed it.

Not sure if the monocle stands enough now. It's certainly more than before though.

How is it now?

I especially would like opinions on the shading.

Or more design parts to the cyborg? Other suggestions?

TheMcCool

I dunno, I guess it's a good base to work from now. The shading is fine. Just needs more details. Like maybe boxing gloves and a cape, and a big shiny belt. A red and silver/grey color scheme would work good.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

Zai

Heh. I'm not sure about a superhero cape look!  ;D

I had wanted a cyborg that was completely covered by metal parts. He is shining silver and punches the crap out of things!

I'll certainly consider it though!

Do you all think this is good enough to replace the original cyborg, which was one of my favorites, definitely stood out. But it is copyrighted, so...

TheMcCool

Well, this is close to what I'd like a cyborg replacement to look like. Just could use more detail... I guess.

Zai

The_Gu3st

Looks great except for the red thing on his face. What is that anyways? A clown nose?

Dodger

It's obvously an eye! Duh... Think Terminator!

Zai

Guess Matlu hasn't seen my updated version... or even worst, he doesn't like it. :/

I spent days on it...

Anyway... I was wondering if any of you would consider trying a completely new cyborg.  It would look less like human... it would look ...... <-- secret till I finish it!

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Zai on September 01, 2005, 08:06:20 AM
... or even worst

FYI- ....or  even WORSE.

But back to topic, it looks great. Don't change it unless you can make it better. Myt only recommendation is that you change the red eye... it looks alot like a clown nose thats beating when you animate it. Maybe a smaller eye? or a non-animated small eye? I dunno, it's up to you.

T3h luggage

I think it looks fine, here is an animation with the last animation speed I heard, 26/100ths of a second, not sure.  I like it, and htink it would look great in-game.