• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Disintigrator / Disrupter

Started by Dodger, August 30, 2005, 01:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

What are the strengths of these two? And what is the percentage of a commander dying from these? Because they seem to kill me an awfull lot!

Bakster

and I never seem to kill a commander with them, so I don't try anymore

matlu

Currently: disintegrator has strength 7, disrupter 4. Both have to succeed resistance roll first, but with +20% bonus (resistance is lowered by 2 for purpose of these actions)

in very first version they had strength 6 and 4, and actual resistance was used. People complained that they are too weak, so I made them stronger a bit. Disintegrator is now maybe too strong

Dodger

Sooo, forgive my ignorance, what is the percentage of them killing a commander?

TheMcCool

Disintegrator is not too strong. It was one of the few good weapons against the top end monsters (bmech, queen, etc) in the original Cyber Wars. Along with Electropulse and Virus.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Bakster

Considering a commander has 7 Res, that is 70%- 20% = 50% chance of succeeding resistance roll.

And a commander has 5 def which gives the disintegrator a +2 strength advantage which is about 75-80%

So for a commander, that is about a 40% chance in total if I am correct (doing this all in my head).

Of course, there are other factors such as force shield, armor and symbiont.

matlu

yes you are right, probability to succed resistance roll is 50%, and +2 strength advantage is 80% to kill. So total chance is 40%.

If the commander has any kind of armour, the chance is lower.