• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Works of T3h Luggage.

Started by T3h luggage, March 26, 2005, 01:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZAPTONE_Z

not really digging the egg-head

T3h luggage

Ok, here cometh my drone, now packed with DRONE-LIKE ARMS!!

I may fix the laser robot animation, if I feel like it, but I warn you, as a spriter, I am by definition lazy.

ZAPTONE_Z

matlu

Drone is nice, it will be included in next game update.

BTW I noticed one thing. Too many monsters (and commanders) just turn their heads left and right. To have more such monsters on the board looks a bit... funny. They look like soldiers during a practice. Or like a crowd watching a tennis match.

If possible please try to be a bit inventive with these animations. At least make something move its head up and down, or some completely different movement. (For example in old CW some commanders were.. uh.. not sure how to say it in english, such nervous movement with leg, you know what i mean :)

ZAPTONE_Z

T3h luggage

Quote from: matlu on April 03, 2005, 11:22:23 AM
Drone is nice, it will be included in next game update.

BTW I noticed one thing. Too many monsters (and commanders) just turn their heads left and right. To have more such monsters on the board looks a bit... funny. They look like soldiers during a practice. Or like a crowd watching a tennis match.

If possible please try to be a bit inventive with these animations. At least make something move its head up and down, or some completely different movement. (For example in old CW some commanders were.. uh.. not sure how to say it in english, such nervous movement with leg, you know what i mean :)
Indeed, this is the greatest obstacle in making these monsters.  How will they move? is too hard a question often to ask myself.
If you have ideas on how a specific monster should move, including on the laser robot(needs way more movement.)  I have some good scetches of  the spideroid, and some ok ones of the probe, but not much else.

TheMcCool

The spideroid should bob up and down - while tapdancing (optional). I already gave a suggestion on the laser robot.. let me know if you need a clearer explanation.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

ZAPTONE_Z

id like some graphs and charts plz

matlu

New drone is uploaded & looks cool.

Quote from: T3h luggage on April 03, 2005, 01:42:58 AM
I may fix the laser robot animation, if I feel like it, but I warn you, as a spriter, I am by definition lazy.

I, as programmer, am also by definition lazy. Please just try to overcome your laziness :) The game really needs new graphics as soon as possible, and you seem to have all talents needed.

T3h luggage

laser robot, jackhammer motion added.

Getting back into the groove of cyberwars after a short interlude back into megaman style spriting.  Spideriod cometh next.
ex\dit:
spideroid finished, animation included.

my animation program messed up the eyes when I saved it, and the animaition is better on a black background I think, but here.

matlu

Nice job, I'll put them online soon.
(secretly hoping you are going to create more :) )

<edit> I tried spideroid and it looks very well when animated

T3h luggage

Um...
I don't really like this next graphic, but other's opinions may vary... Please help me on how it should move...
Hovership:

Oh, and by the way, Matlu, is there a problem with my laser robot?

matlu

Quote from: T3h luggage on April 23, 2005, 05:25:06 PM
Oh, and by the way, Matlu, is there a problem with my laser robot?

Hovership looks fine, I'll try how it animates and upload it.

Ehm, laser robot... uh... how to say it ... to be honest, that's only single one piece of all your work, which I somehow don't like, in my opinion it looks bit too complicated. If you just look at it, it's hard to tell what it should depict. Old one is much simplier, but I think it also looks far better. I don't know. Ehm, I guess that I'm just too picky :) I can upload it if people like it :)

Ehm, I hope that you are open to criticism :) One more thing is, that all "corpses" look too similar, and it's hard to distinguish and match them.. at least in my opinion. How example if I saw this hovership and its corpse separately, I would hardly dare to match them together.

But you are really doing great job, I guess I'm just way too perfectionist :)

ultswordsman

matlu id really like that robot in the game but thats my opinoin make a pool

T3h luggage

Quote from: matlu on April 23, 2005, 05:31:51 PM
Hovership looks fine, I'll try how it animates and upload it.

Ehm, laser robot... uh... how to say it ... to be honest, that's only single one piece of all your work, which I somehow don't like, in my opinion it looks bit too complicated. If you just look at it, it's hard to tell what it should depict. Old one is much simplier, but I think it also looks far better. I don't know. Ehm, I guess that I'm just too picky :) I can upload it if people like it :)

Ehm, I hope that you are open to criticism :) One more thing is, that all "corpses" look too similar, and it's hard to distinguish and match them.. at least in my opinion. How example if I saw this hovership and its corpse separately, I would hardly dare to match them together.

But you are really doing great job, I guess I'm just way too perfectionist :)
Heh, no problems...
I definitely understand with the corpse.  I'm just going to take the whole thing from now on, and with the hovership, and make it look destroyed, as opposed to just pieces.
Now, I can understand the laser robot.It is rather complicated, and it's angle makes it a step into more 3-d looking sprites, a field I'm not very good at.  It's based off a doodle I drew while I was eating, so I wasn't really all that intent.  I think that a "site poll" would see if others share your opinion.  If anyone has any suggestions as to how to simplify it, I'll try them and see if it looks better.