• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Question

Started by Hawk, September 07, 2005, 02:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabre_king05

BTW  we do have a purpose we is easy to see if taught in the right way.

and i know why people doubt religion because religion causes wars am i right?

TheMcCool

Quote from: anima on September 09, 2005, 01:19:42 AM
1. That book sucks.
2. You should spell check dodger ;)
3. I think you're talking about fine tuning. It involves constants that determine the development of time and space. Our universe seems to have been tuned so finely ,that its impossible to be a random outcome like evolutionists suggest

It's not an impossible random outcome, just a highly improbable one. And that doesn't mean squat. For all we know, in the chaotic multiverse there could be an infinite number of failed universes. If we were in one of them, we wouldn't be alive to ponder it. Roll a dice enough times and no matter how many sides it has, it will eventually land at least once on all its different sides. I think that argument you're referring to isn't talking about the universe though, but rather specifically the development of life on earth. The comparison is even easier to illustrate there, though. There are probably billions of galaxies with no life, so it's not surprising that at least one galaxy had just the right conditions form within it, in One of its many solar systems, on One of those planets. The odds of life not having formed, Somewhere, are astronomical.

Also you're lame for thinking pwned is short for pawned.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Dodger

Who said pawned? lol!  :D

Goku

Quote from: TheMcCool on September 07, 2005, 05:56:22 AM
To do mildly amusing things all day, in an un-productive way.

This is the correct answer!   ;D
Sabre's are for killing.  Sometimes it gets boring because it make the game to easy thats y we give them teaming odds.

***CYBER BATTLES TOURNAMENTS***
www.cyberbattlestournament.com

CrazyHazy

Exactly... forget about school, education, work, and money.

From now on, you must devote your life to pranking people, playing games, and drinking your life away.
C  ~       Perfect Assasins
R    ~
A      ~
Z        ~          The
Y          ~ >---Sabre---> 
H        ~        Killers
A      ~
Z    ~
Y  ~

Bakster

anima

Quote from: TheMcCool on September 10, 2005, 02:35:43 AM
It's not an impossible random outcome, just a highly improbable one. And that doesn't mean squat. For all we know, in the chaotic multiverse there could be an infinite number of failed universes. If we were in one of them, we wouldn't be alive to ponder it. Roll a dice enough times and no matter how many sides it has, it will eventually land at least once on all its different sides. I think that argument you're referring to isn't talking about the universe though, but rather specifically the development of life on earth. The comparison is even easier to illustrate there, though. There are probably billions of galaxies with no life, so it's not surprising that at least one galaxy had just the right conditions form within it, in One of its many solar systems, on One of those planets. The odds of life not having formed, Somewhere, are astronomical.

Also you're lame for thinking pwned is short for pawned.

Hmm. The multi-verse theory was a considered explanation for the improbable odds. However, the theory soon suffered the same problems and astrophysisists were once again baffled by the matter.

See, the main concept to consider is that space and time are linked (space-time). They are calculated as co-existing properties of the universal structure. So, space had a definite beginning, albeit time must also have had a beginning. A 'place'with no time and space can only leave way for an architect (the creator).

Unable to except a 'holy' creator, the theorists have now suggested a higher intelligence to be the architect of this universe or what we assume is a universe. Ironic isnt it? In an attempt to deny a creator, we have once again created one.

As for: "The odds of life not having formed, Somewhere, are astronomical." Actually the odds of intelligent life existing are astronimical. The approx odds of a protein molecule forming at random is 1/10^113. Mathematicians dismiss the chance of 1/10^50 impossible :D

In future, please do not try and correct me in a subject that you clearly know little about.

You are foolish not to consider that 'pawned' was a typo  ;)

BTW, this is a nice piece of philosophy that might get you thinking. If you discovered a watch in the soil you would know it was created, not just the outcome of random events. However, why is it you believe a a protein molecule which is infintely more complex, is just a product of randomness?

TheMcCool

Quote from: anima on September 10, 2005, 06:37:14 PM
Hmm. The multi-verse theory was a considered explanation for the improbable odds. However, the theory soon suffered the same problems and astrophysisists were once again baffled by the matter.

See, the main concept to consider is that space and time are linked (space-time). They are calculated as co-existing properties of the universal structure. So, space had a definite beginning, albeit time must also have had a beginning. A 'place'with no time and space can only leave way for an architect (the creator).

Unable to except a 'holy' creator, the theorists have now suggested a higher intelligence to be the architect of this universe or what we assume is a universe. Ironic isnt it? In an attempt to deny a creator, we have once again created one.

As for: "The odds of life not having formed, Somewhere, are astronomical." Actually the odds of intelligent life existing are astronimical. The approx odds of a protein molecule forming at random is 1/10^113. Mathematicians dismiss the chance of 1/10^50 impossible :D

In future, please do not try and correct me in a subject that you clearly know little about.

You are foolish not to consider that 'pawned' was a typo  ;)

BTW, this is a nice piece of philosophy that might get you thinking. If you discovered a watch in the soil you would know it was created, not just the outcome of random events. However, why is it you believe a a protein molecule which is infintely more complex, is just a product of randomness?

Heh, nice try but you're a bit off the mark. Yes, I understand that even a multiverse had to have had a beginning where everything started. I'm not denying the possibility that there may have been something supernatural in that, in fact that's extremely likely, as science can't explain it. What I was arguing against was the "intelligent design" idea. If the multiverse is infinite, then the odds of Life not having formed somewhere by accident are indeed astronomical. If you have infinity, and chaos to work with, then all possible outcomes will happen somewhere totally at random. I am fully aware of how complex life is, don't presume to lecture me on that.

Imagine - you have ten beach balls... there's an ant standing on top of each one. You toss them all into a pool, and only one of the balls floats in such a way that the ant stays above the water and doesn't drown. Wow, it must be a miracle... god designed things in such a way that it would survive. Maybe, but it could also be just randomness. This is a very basic example.. The formation of protein molecules is an exponentially more complex process, than whether an ant lives or dies. But the universe/multiverse is infinitely more complex than a beach ball and a pool. Infinitely is alot better than exponentially.

I'm glad that you don't actually think pwned is short for pawned.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

SiR gUt

the meaning of life is to die... actually nah to get drunk, laid, and high
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

BlitzJoker

Quote from: SiR gUt on September 11, 2005, 05:35:26 AM
the meaning of life is to die... actually nah to get drunk, laid, and high

These kind of people also have a second meaning of life.....to flip our burgers and work in our factories.

Slayer_Z

I think the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is one of the greatest books ever created.
Dougless Adams has a perspective on life that allowed to take everything people mistake for reality and throw it in a blender.
that stuff cracked me up about the ultimate answer to life the universe and everything. the answer is 42, they waited for like a hundred thousand years for the computer to calculate the answer and got 42.
The computer said now you need to know the question. everything about the book was great, Im a huge fan
OH MY GOD, WE KILLED KENNY.
WERE BASTARDS

Parsley

Bakster

Quote from: Slayer_Z on September 29, 2005, 03:56:36 AM
I think the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is one of the greatest books ever created.
Dougless Adams has a perspective on life that allowed to take everything people mistake for reality and throw it in a blender.
that stuff cracked me up about the ultimate answer to life the universe and everything. the answer is 42, they waited for like a hundred thousand years for the computer to calculate the answer and got 42.
The computer said now you need to know the question. everything about the book was great, Im a huge fan

Even though I don't really enjoy the book, I like how he cleverly talks about Earth from the view of somewhere else, for example he points out that humans state the obvious an awful lot. ("It's a nice day today.")

SiR gUt

well yes blitz some do, only if they cant control it. Me on the other hand can, and I do not work at mcdonalds flipping burgers. I may drink, get high, and laid, but i also hold a steady job. I work at a Mortgage Company and i'm become a Mortgage broker/real estate agent. Also that reminds me, if any of you would like to refinance let me know. I can get your interest rate on your home down to a 5.0, 5.50 % fixed rate.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Slayer_Z

and everybody is unhappy about the revolution of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on a whole its not the pieces of paper that are unhappy.
I wish I was a margage broker. I just got a job as a drywall hauler.
Labor Labor Labor.
But I too will one day publish a book, although I dont think I am quite as creative as Adams.
I think my style is a little more king-ish, only without it being a horror story.
jeez, if you guys keep me talkin, I might not be considered a probe for much longer, I think that has something to do with number of posts, am I right?
OH MY GOD, WE KILLED KENNY.
WERE BASTARDS