• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Add new words to the spell checker!

Started by Odin, March 27, 2005, 10:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odin

Earlier noticed there was a spell checker, but it appears various words such as "Mech" and "Matlu" (understandable, since it isn't a word or a name in the English language) come up as misspelled. While this may be somewhat of a nonsense post, there is a small potential of people accidentally using one of the suggestions when they were right the first time, which could easily result in some entirely different word that just had a similar spelling. So, unless Matlu thinks this post should be deleted, this is as good a place as any to suggest words (please keep them appropriate) to add to the spell checker that currently come up as misspelled, but you know are correct.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

matlu

I personally don't use spell checker. (I guess I probably should, because my spelling is terrible, but it's sort of expected, as I'm not native speaker).

But as soon as I find out how to edit word list (haven't managed yet), I can add new words

Odin

Likely there will be new words once new creature names are made (just like how "Spideroid" comes up as misspelled).
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

Odin

When you do find a way to edit it, perhaps add "heh", "Mech" (currently asks if you meant "Mach") and "Holodetect" to it.
-- Benjamin Graham