• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Tournament Matches

Started by The_Gu3st, September 13, 2005, 09:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which method should be used when making the tournament matchups?

Random Number picking, as suggested by AWS2 (See General Discussion--->Egoists)
6 (46.2%)
Highest Score Vs Lowest Score
6 (46.2%)
Matlu should pair them up
1 (7.7%)
By the order of sign-ups. Ex- 1st sign-up vs 16th sign up, 2nd sign up vs 15 sign up.
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

The_Gu3st

In an attempt to clean up and fix the tournaments as much as possible before holding another, The tournament Directors are attempting to see what the general public likes and then consider using their options.

Note: This is simply a poll for our own knowledge of what is wanted, nothing is guaranteed to be implemented.

SiR gUt

Sorry, but im setting them up as highest vs lowest score.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Dodger

tiraspol

I wont even take a vote on this one, because it really does not matter to me. As long as the people stop saying "the brackets were fixed (meaning set-up in a way of favoring someone), or tampered with", other then that, I really dont care how they are set up. But I THINK that the 1st vs 16th, 2nd vs 15th is a general way of doing it. As long as all 16 people come, then there should be no problem.

The_Gu3st

I'm all for matlu doing it, if he is willing to. This way, nobody can accuse anybody of "fixing" the tournaments... unless they wanna deal with "The God of DuelBoard".

Wildtigre

Wtf? so the tournmanet was held by lowest rating vs highest rating? are you guys idiots? i surely hope not.

obviously the fair thing would be put all the names of those participating in the tournament on small pieces of paper. then, you must fold the pieces of paper in which the names of those participating in the tournament have been written on - then put them in a carbboard structure as that of a box or something similar (hat). after that is completed you must draw two random fold pieces of paper from the hat and those two chosen will have to battle each other in the first round in order to advance and claim victory for which they will be very excited for.
-mase

Dodger

Uhuh...that or random number generator!!!  ;D

The_Gu3st

I still say matlu... the reason being is how are any of you to know that what we did was actually fair? We may PRETEND like we did that, not that we would.

That's why I dont like it, I'm sure we'll get accused again of being unfair.

SiR gUt

Just remember real quick, the final say of what happens to the tournament comes down to me and tiraspol. Not trying to be a dick or anything.

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

The_Gu3st

Once again, I am completely ignored.

Tiras also said he doesn't care which method he uses, so you are bascially saying it comes down to you, Gut.

SiR gUt

and you guest, im sorry I keep forgetting you too. But yea tiras does care, and it comes down to us 3 decision.

The_Gu3st

It's okay, I'm only the scorekeeper... that people recommened to be replaced with a machine. :-\

SiR gUt

NEVER UR TOO GOOD AT THE JOB :) and i modified my last post read it... and sign on line u nerd

The_Gu3st

Lol i can't get online, im in AP bio at school... stupid teacher has no clue. Hes talking about something to do with hydrogen bonding. I'll be home in like an hour.

Wildtigre

"I still say matlu... the reason being is how are any of you to know that what we did was actually fair? We may PRETEND like we did that, not that we would."

i trust you so go with my option. ok thx
-mase