• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Tournament Matches

Started by The_Gu3st, September 13, 2005, 09:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which method should be used when making the tournament matchups?

Random Number picking, as suggested by AWS2 (See General Discussion--->Egoists)
6 (46.2%)
Highest Score Vs Lowest Score
6 (46.2%)
Matlu should pair them up
1 (7.7%)
By the order of sign-ups. Ex- 1st sign-up vs 16th sign up, 2nd sign up vs 15 sign up.
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

matlu

I really don't think I could do it. I could probably somehow make it automatic, but as you guess it would require lot of programming and lot of time, which I don't have at the moment  :)

Dodger

Why would it take a lot of time? Just assign each player a number, then randomly generate two numbers, these players battle each other.

The_Gu3st

Well nothing is being forced upon you, besides, I don't think the majority of the poll wants you to.

TheMcCool

Why does it matter? The best and luckiest players will still end up in the semifinals no matter how the matchups are arranged... I suppose the only thing that could cause a difference is if you match those who you think are the "best" against each other in the early matches, so some get eliminated early. But still the single best will still win in the very end, barring bad luck.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

SiR gUt

Mcool is right, and me, guest, and tiras decided we are going to leave it as highest vs lowest score, for awhile.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Dodger

Okay. It's your call. I'll still play  :P

willie

AWS2

well, I did say that highest to lowest was the only fair way besides randomization.  So im not going to complain, I just hope I can participate in a tourny, try and have them on Saturdays, because I am  tied up on all the Jacksonville Jaguars home games for a while, I have to work...so Saturday is the best tourny day for me...or anytime after 7 eastern time, except thursday...o well, laterz
I am a Happy Turtle! ;)