• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New addition to crew

Started by SiR gUt, September 15, 2005, 11:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think Dodger should be added to board members?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
No
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Blitz

Quote from: The_Guest on May 11, 2006, 08:45:06 PM
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me that you get more Dollars for the Pound,so that makes your figure for the UK significantly higher in dollars.

I noticed this in the morning, but didn't have time to post it.

£525.9 billion = 990,901,194,394 USD
or 1 trillion ;)

So we then consider UK's population size.....60,441,457....and divide...

thats 16,394.40 USD/citizen....even the infants.

So UK's debt/citizen = 16,394.40 USD
and
America's =  27,998.96 USD

So that means that the average American citizen owes about 10.5 thousand USD more than the average citizen in the UK.....I don't see this as being too drastic, as a new car costs 30,000+ and everyone seems to be able to buy them fine over here.

To be more correct we could break down the assumption of debt to the American people into America's tax brackets and receive an even lower ration of debt to income per family.

As Guest said

Quote from: The_Guest on May 11, 2006, 08:45:06 PM
Anyways...let's see. America is fighting a war. We contribute the most to the UN. We contribute the most to overseas rescue/emergency efforts. We are a bigger nation. We have more people. We are cooler.

We are in a war and we contribute between 25 - 22% of the Funding for the UN, while Britain only contributes 5.57%....as it says, "As part of that revision, the regular budget ceiling was reduced from 25% to 22%. The US is the only member that meets that ceiling..."

;D  :-*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_nations

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html
MVP zzboots fanclub

Blitz

Oh and by the way, I have been looking at the factbook(which I cited in the post above). According to that, the external debt of the UK is $7.107 trillion (30 June 2005)  and the US $8.837 trillion (30 June 2005 est.) .....so unless you dropped 6 trillion dollars of debt in 1 year, your figure is wrong and thus your debt is

$117,584.86 per citizen....thats about $80,000 more per citizen...

:P

So unless you can come up with a reliable source to back your national debt then America, on top of all of its giving, still has much less debt than you.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/uk.html
Go to that site, press ctrl+f and type external. That should bring you right to the debt....am I reading something wrong?
MVP zzboots fanclub

Dodger

Quote from: Blitz on May 12, 2006, 12:18:20 AM
Oh and by the way, I have been looking at the factbook(which I cited in the post above). According to that, the external debt of the UK is $7.107 trillion (30 June 2005)  and the US $8.837 trillion (30 June 2005 est.) .....so unless you dropped 6 trillion dollars of debt in 1 year, your figure is wrong and thus your debt is

$117,584.86 per citizen....thats about $80,000 more per citizen...

:P

So unless you can come up with a reliable source to back your national debt then America, on top of all of its giving, still has much less debt than you.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/uk.html
Go to that site, press ctrl+f and type external. That should bring you right to the debt....am I reading something wrong?

Hmmm strange. Not what I read. Nice comeback though.

Dodger

Blitz

MVP zzboots fanclub

Dodger

Quote from: Dodger on May 09, 2006, 09:56:47 AM
Didn't America do that too?
I hear 'doing well Economically' again...So lets take a look at American National Debt.
For the last 6 months the debt has been increasing by $1.95 Billion. Clocking at this point in time $8 362 548 343 577.08

For those of you who want that in perspective, if you were to spread out the debt to every person in the country, that is a total of $27 998.96 for every US inhabitant.
This puts the USA in a Balance of Payments defecit approx. $144.9 billion, and I can't find any recent statistics, that was from 2004.

I can give you the statistics for the UK later, but believe me, it's better than that. Got to go to school now.

Someone is going bring oil into this, go on, I dare you.

To quote myself...
It wasn't about comparing statistics with the UK though...Just that the USA isn't doing as well economically as you try to make out.

Blitz

If you judge it by that, then every country in the world is not doing well....as every country has a massive amount of national debt. America is doing fine, and everyone owes someone else a huge amount of money, which will probably never be paid...  ;)
MVP zzboots fanclub

Dodger

American national debt is so high because they insist that all OIL is purchased in dollars. This means that if you want some oil, then you have to first buy some dollars.

Guess who opposed this idea of buying oil in dollars?

The_Gu3st

Yay, way to go blitzy.

I've come to the conclusion that British people are stupid after how confident Dodger felt, only to be crushed.  ;)

And I don't really care who opposed that, it doesn't really mean much. If you want your way, contribute more to the UN Mr. 5%.

And I'm confident enough to say America is doing better economically than any other countries right now.

And don't post some crap country like Timbucktoo (sp) and say that they have a higher gross income or whatever.

Dodger

Quote from: The_Guest on May 12, 2006, 12:50:12 AM
Yay, way to go blitzy.

I've come to the conclusion that British people are stupid after how confident Dodger felt, only to be crushed.

I've come to the conclusion of how arrogant you are  ;)
At least I accept it when someone beats me.

And I don't really care who opposed that, it doesn't really mean much. If you want your way, contribute more to the UN Mr. 5%.

It was Iraq. And the other comment is irrelevant.

And don't post some crap country like Timbucktoo (sp) and say that they have a higher gross income or whatever.

Okay.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on May 12, 2006, 01:14:04 AM
I've come to the conclusion of how arrogant you are ;)
At least I accept it when someone beats me.

I don't get beat, so what's there to accept?  :P

anima

Lmao if i was American i'd get an ERECTION because we just pwned Brits on a game forum   ::)

anima

Finale Note: Nationalities are irrelevant. All world governments are evil and they suck satanic cock. I refuse to sing national anthems, 'honour' my country, die for my country, vote, take stand in a political party and join any militant services. We are white collar slaves but noone seems to realise this, and media is a mask pulled over our ignorant eyes. We are not free, repeat we are not free. No matter how many times we are told this by our parents, authority, the media or ourselves, we are not.

Our purpose in society: To be 'educated' so we can go out and get jobs that support and fund a government that spreads war, famine and poverty. Money is all man seems to care about.

So yeah, argue about how great our nations are, because jeez what beautiful places they are.

God save our gracious Queen
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
For the German Fatherland
Russia, our holy country!
May the reign of the Emperor

Bullshit!  ::)

Dodger