• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Guests

Started by The_Gu3st, October 13, 2005, 11:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Guest Feature be Removed?

Yes
6 (60%)
No
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

The_Gu3st

Matlu, would it be possible to make it so that guests can only play non-rated games? If the true purpose of the guest feature is to "test" the game, then there should be no-problem testing it in a non-rated game. Does anyone disagree?

Dodger

.....Non-rated games are annoying...And what if you have a large rated game, then a guest won't be allowed to join...

Hmmm....It has good and bad sides i suppose.

I don't disagree.

haferhole1

that would be good, but picture this:
5 people just get out of a game, and are about to sart another 1. once someone does, he will oviously make it rated, hoping to get points.  a guest logs on and clicks to get in and leaves since he cant get in.  there goes another player  :(

honestly, when was the last time you made a non-rated game?  i think iv only made like 2 or 3

click my egg to get ur own

The_Gu3st

But its completely unfair that a guest has nothing to lose, and players do. A guest can screw around, beam a mech, and then kill everyone. Usernames usually wouldnt take that chance... guests are being abused.

haferhole1

Quote from: The_Gu3st on October 14, 2005, 01:02:43 AM
Usernames usually wouldnt take that chance...

what u talkin about? i always take that chance! (ask dodger)

but how about this? we change it so if a guests dont really matter in the game, noone loses any points if the guest wins, and if he/she doesnt win, they dont give the 2 points everyone else does to the winner.

that would solve a few problems.
- no more topics complaining about guests taking ur points
- more players, since people wouldnt feel they need to beat the guest and it would build there confidence
- no more logging onto a guest and giving others points by losing intentionally

what u guys think?

Dodger

Those were the good sides that I neglected from saying!  :)

The_Gu3st

Quote from: haferhole1 on October 14, 2005, 01:06:05 AM

Let me re-phrase that. No one who wants to win would do that. That would be a good idea, but you still waste your "cards" in killing the guests that do play the games... so they are still a "distraction" so to say.

haferhole1

ill admit, it would need some work, but do u like the idea in general?

The_Gu3st

Better than what we have now. But it's just so depressing when a guest wins a 6 player game... all that time wasted for nothing. Nobody benefitted outta it, people only lost.

SiR gUt

Why not just make it so everyones IP, can only use a guest name, say 5 times??
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Bakster

Quote from: haferhole1 on October 14, 2005, 01:06:05 AM

but how about this? we change it so if a guests dont really matter in the game, noone loses any points if the guest wins, and if he/she doesnt win, they dont give the 2 points everyone else does to the winner.

that would solve a few problems.
- no more topics complaining about guests taking ur points
- more players, since people wouldnt feel they need to beat the guest and it would build there confidence
- no more logging onto a guest and giving others points by losing intentionally

what u guys think?

This is a very good idea. Implement it now! And make us watch games! Electropulse and virus!

Dodger

willie

i say leave things the way they are now.  how about that idea?

Bakster

willie

with what kind of gun?