• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Hi

Started by BladeSabre, March 29, 2005, 01:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BladeSabre

Hi. I was a CW player for a short while. And I spent some time studying it, as I do with games that I like. A few of you might know me.

I read on the registration page that I can change my forum name - how do I do that? This is my name on Runescape, but I registered BladeSabre on the game here, because I didn't want a space in it. (I'm sure I'd confuse myself terribly by having my visible name just slightly different from my login name, but it's better than confusing everyone else =P. Maybe I should just register another account for the forum...)

I registered SwiftSabre on the Castle when I decided to get a Sabre name, but my password email never arrived. So I played as B1adeSabre until I got sick of not being the original one, and then I spent the last couple of weeks as 2 guests doing experiments with each other. If I'd known CW was going to disappear so soon, I would have tried harder to get all the information down before it was lost. But that's the way it goes. Maybe I can still help out here.

matlu

welcome.  Not sure how to change the name, I'll try to find out & write here again

TheMcCool

I'd like to change my forum name of "Rainbow McCool" to just "McCool". I wasn't in my right mind when I registered it.. I had just seen Rainbow Hawk's name and I thought it was cool at the time.

By the way it wasn't my intention to mock anyone or anything. I just admired that someone was secure enough in themselves to proclaim their affinity or love of rainbows in such a way.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

matlu

UPDATE:
in fact everyone has 2 names:
1. user name (it is used to login, together wit password). If I change this name, you will also get new random password by email (you can change it later). So please make sure you entered valid email address

2. display name - the name other people see. It may be different from user name. I can change it without changing your password.

So please also state which name you want to change (probably it's better to always change both) and be prepared that you get new password by email)

BladeSabre

Ok. It's good to know that it can be changed, and I won't have to re-register. Maybe I'll leave it for now though. I forgot my password for the game already (that must be a record!). Maybe I typed it in wrong when registering...

Hawk

Quote from: TheMcCool on March 29, 2005, 01:30:13 AM
I'd like to change my forum name of "Rainbow McCool" to just "McCool". I wasn't in my right mind when I registered it.. I had just seen Rainbow Hawk's name and I thought it was cool at the time.

By the way it wasn't my intention to mock anyone or anything. I just admired that someone was secure enough in themselves to proclaim their affinity or love of rainbows in such a way.

I am very self secure ::)  Or I was, when I registered under CGD.  Actually... I remember I registered a bilion Rainbow-Animal names.  LOL :-X

TheMcCool

Actually when I posted that I thought you were a guy... lol. Rainbow_whatever is no worse than Song Flower :P
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

BladeSabre

Umm... apparently my BladeSabre account for which I forgot my password didn't actually exist. I've registered it now. Is my memory playing tricks on me? I guess it's possible I typed the username wrong the first time...

matlu

Quote from: blade_sabre on March 30, 2005, 04:25:33 PM
Umm... apparently my BladeSabre account for which I forgot my password didn't actually exist. I've registered it now. Is my memory playing tricks on me? I guess it's possible I typed the username wrong the first time...
::)

I have sent you an EMAIL. I wrote that I deleted BladeSabre, so you can re-register. BTW I also wrote you a private message (right upper corner of the screen).
So please check your emails from time to time :)

BladeSabre

Thanks for sorting that out for me. I do check my email :(. I just hadn't yet this morning. And I don't normally forget passwords either. In fact I'm rather ashamed of this whole business; this kind of thing is not like me at all.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: TheMcCool on March 30, 2005, 03:37:09 AM
Rainbow_whatever is no worse than Song Flower :P

ROFL! You guys deserve to read this thread.

Also, Matlu, would it be possible to change my *display* name from The_Gu3st to
The Guest?

:-*

matlu

Quote from: The_Gu3st on March 15, 2006, 04:53:46 AM
Also, Matlu, would it be possible to change my *display* name from The_Gu3st to
The Guest?

:-*

growing up, huh?   :P   I'll do it later today

Dodger

I thought you couldn't have 'The Guest' because the forum wouldn't let you use the word 'Guest'?

matlu

Quote from: Dodger on March 15, 2006, 08:38:18 PM
I thought you couldn't have 'The Guest' because the forum wouldn't let you use the word 'Guest'?

Hm, it's possible, but looks like I can change it to "guest" without problem. Well, let him have it

Dodger