• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Backspace

Started by Dodger, November 08, 2005, 12:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

Grrrrr....This is getting increasingly annoying...I can be typing quite happily, (with it actually typing) and I make a mistake, backspace...Oops.

It can sometimes happen when a lil messenger window thing (bottom right) pops up...

Does anyone know of a way to disable shortcut keys, such as backspace, in my browser (Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7), because I can find no way to do it...

haferhole1

u got 3 options that i know of

get IE

stop hitting backspace

(if u cant do #2) pop the backspace key off keyboardand pour rubber cement or glue into hole, permenently sealing it and solving your problem

click my egg to get ur own

Dodger

Hmm...If I had been looking for a joke then I would hav asked you : )

Seeing as this is seriously annoying me, I think I'll pass your advice.

It does the same on IE. Plus IE is a disease ridden crap hole.

haferhole1

Quote from: Dodger on November 08, 2005, 03:14:14 AM

ouch...

The_Gu3st

If you're opening a link that you are scared of pushing backspace on, there is a simple fix. For firefox (and IE) just simply right click the link and on the pull down menu will be the option of "Open Link in a New Window" or "Open Link in a New Tab". If you choose the open them with EITHER of those, then there will not be a Backspace option since there SHOULD be nothing that was opened BEFORE that. If you dont understand, I'll post some ScreenShots.

Bakster

Quote from: Dodger on November 08, 2005, 03:14:14 AM
Hmm...If I had been looking for a joke then I would hav asked you : )

Seeing as this is seriously annoying me, I think I'll pass your advice.

IE owns.

Dodger

Quote from: The_Gu3st on November 08, 2005, 03:52:01 AM
If you're opening a link that you are scared of pushing backspace on, there is a simple fix. For firefox (and IE) just simply right click the link and on the pull down menu will be the option of "Open Link in a New Window" or "Open Link in a New Tab". If you choose the open them with EITHER of those, then there will not be a Backspace option since there SHOULD be nothing that was opened BEFORE that. If you dont understand, I'll post some ScreenShots.

I know that. Don't talk to me as if I'm simple : )  I always forget to do that though. I was just wondering if there is a way to disable it...

And IE blows.

Dodger

o0O I have another problem...My Firefox just screwed up and neither me or my very IT orientated brother in law can fix it....I've ran safe mode, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleaned registry, and everything I can think of.
Everytime I try and open it, my computer freezes and I have to end the process. No idea whats going on...

Can anyone help? Or recommend a new browser? I am HAVING to use shitbox IE, which I am not pleased about.

haferhole1

well, i use, ie, but if u hate it so much, u could use mozilla (i used 2 use it, and its ok)

<edit> lol i just realized firefox and mozilla are same thing

Dodger

Thats the Browser I'm talking about ass face.  ;D

haferhole1

i know that now, but i didnt realize that until after i posted

Dodger

exiledragon

You could always try opera.
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

Dodger

Hmmm...Yes. Yes I could.