• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Obstacles on the field++

Started by Misterklister, March 19, 2005, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misterklister

I think it would be nice if there were some obstacles to hide behind. Like a rock or something like that. This way, you could hide from the rangers.
Oh, and maybe different game modes, like team vs team or even a little "capture the flag" thing. Yeah, that would be something.

zzboots

Use forcefield.  ;)  You can make your own team games by picking teams at the beginning of the game.  Saves Matlu time programming.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

BlitzJoker

I would agree on what zz had to say with forcefield, obstacles=bad. Teams are an ok idea though, but not a priority. As for Capture the Flag and things of that sort...db is not realtime so it just wouldnt work right.

TheMcCool

Using weak creatures(and stronger creatures I guess) as obstacles as well as forcefields, alien blob, fire, fortress etc while keeping in mind the range of enemies movement and the range of their projectiles was all part of the tactics of the game.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

TheMcCool

Oh yeah and how could I forget turrets and beacons. ;) Whenever I had both I liked to place them on top of each other, offset to the side like this: X=turret O=Beacon
XOXOXO

XOXO

XOXOXO

May not be exact but you get what I mean. If you also had a force field and some fire or alien blob then you had the perfect extra special stronghold.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

BlitzJoker

Quote from: Rainbow McCool on March 20, 2005, 05:33:01 AM
If you also had a force field and some fire or alien blob then you had the perfect extra special stronghold.

Unless of course your opponent had a floating eye  ;)

TheMcCool

lol, and that's why floating eyes were not overpowered. They balanced the game.

Odin

Flying was kept in check though by being forced to attack if there was an opponent's creature next to your flying one, which of course was the strategy to use some other creature of yours to attack that creature to enable your flying creature's full flying abilities. Currently you are able to just keep flying if there is an opponent's creature next to yours. Flying Slimes were usually the most annoying (won't be again until Matlu implements Slimes not being able to be attacked by non-slimes) because the only way they could be defeated was by another Flying Slime, a Slime Beast (if you were lucky enough to attack it before yours got killed), a Slime Warrior (same there) or by the range of a Battle Mech, Alien Queen or maybe Laser Robot's or Commander's range (don't think I am missing anything though). Floating Eyes could usually be kept away by having your Commander (only target of a Floating Eye I am usually concerned about) a great distance away and some of your creatures within attacking range should the Eye come closer. Until you are no longer able to move creatures currently engaged to opponent, I do not consider flying to be kept in check.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

TheMcCool

Until you are no longer able to move creatures currently engaged to opponent, I do not consider flying to be kept in check.

I don't remember that aspect... If an enemy was next to your flying creature, you couldn't fly away? Forgive me, but I wonder if someone else can confirm this.

Odin

Wish I kept in direct contact with Shadowfire, since he was one of the few people (maybe Hass, Roaddogg, possibly Rattsabre) who played more games than I had and would certainly be able to confirm it. Was annoying though not being able to move away when your commander was in a transport next to an enemy creature. Does make the game take longer by not being able to so easily get to the opponent's commander.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

BlitzJoker

I don't seem to remember flying creatures not being able to move when next to enemy's. I have kept in close contact to hass if you want me to ask him.....

zzboots

::)  ::)  ::)  CW amature hour?  Flying monsters could always fly away when next to an enemy monster.   ;D
-William G. McAdoo

TheMcCool

Haha, I thought so too. Just that Odin seems so sure about things... Meh, I had over 3k points.. So therefore I must be right. On that note why does it seem like no one remembers TheMummer? I know I was either always on the Top 50, or may have been pushed off near the end by the cheaters... Wish I kept screenshots. :P
I knew all the other vets people like to mention. I guess that's what I get for taking breaks and not keeping up with them in sheer number of games played.

zzboots

Quote from: Rainbow McCool on March 29, 2005, 12:34:31 AM
Haha, I thought so too. Just that Odin seems so sure about things... Meh, I had over 3k points.. So therefore I must be right. On that note why does it seem like no one remembers TheMummer? I know I was either always on the Top 50, or may have been pushed off near the end by the cheaters... Wish I kept screenshots. :P
I knew all the other vets people like to mention. I guess that's what I get for taking breaks and not keeping up with them in sheer number of games played.

Don't cry; I remember you.  You were a pimp don't worry.  Although, not bathing did tend to keep people away from you.
-William G. McAdoo

TheMcCool