• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

rook

Started by sevensmom, November 28, 2005, 09:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevensmom

Just wanted to say..YAY! I hope the new Rook site is up soon. Sorry gang...you might have a bunch of us middle agers and old folks in here! lol

matlu

Quote from: sevensmom on November 28, 2005, 09:29:10 AM
Just wanted to say..YAY! I hope the new Rook site is up soon.         

Here's the whole story: I'm the programmer who created this site and these games. Originally I had no intention to create card games. Few months ago I was contacted by guy who runs rook-online.com and we agreed that I will create multiplayer Rook.

The good news is that the game is already sort of playable (but it's not completely finished though). Anyway, all game rules should be implemented. It can be played and tested here: http://www.duelboard.com/rook/

The problem is that the guy I mentioned apparently lost interest in the game. I expected him to take care of everything else except programming. I haven't heard from him for long time, and I myself am too busy with other things to spend some extra time on Rook.

QuoteSorry gang...you might have a bunch of us middle agers and old folks in here! lol

Glad I'm not alone :)

willie

icic...so rook's a card game, is it?

zzboots

ohh matlu please finish rock.  *Wimper*  That would be so fun.  :)

Then maybe one day you could expand with euchre. *crosses fingers*   ;D

sevens, feel free to try out the other fine games matlu has available.  I'm sure some kind soul would be able to teach you cyber battles.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Bakster

I don't see the point of a page with a tiny 'PLAY!' at the top left, which then opens up another window...

You should release this game, as nobody will ever play it otherwise. It is a 2 player game, right?

matlu

That tiny "PLAY" is there for certain reason.
It is 4 player game.
At the moment I'm not interested whether people play it or not.

TheMcCool

So, Matlu's dirty little secret comes out. How could you!? I thought you only loved us, the former cyber wars players! I'll never forgive you! *cries*
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

sevensmom

ahh well!  :-[
Thanks anyway!

Bakster

Put cribbage in too! :P

FireBird

hundreds and hundreds...maybe even thousands of people would play rook if you fixed the game up ...there are sooo many people looking for a good place to play rook...we all use to play on games.com ...but they took the game off

The_Gu3st

Wow. I'm quite surprised at the amount of people that want to play this game. Its been available for about (estimate) 2 months now and there has been a sudden boom in players and threads in the last two days.

Has there been some sort of revolution at your old Rook gaming site or do you just want to see a better one?

UmmYeaFoSho

we just found the link to the demo 2 days ago...I had to look in the forum to find it. Word spreads quickly in rookville lol there should be alot more players posting soon. Most of them probably gave up on it...we've been waiting on atari to bring rook back...you should see the forums there...they blew up the boards lol. In time there will be a buttload of rookers...Just imagine if he created a Mille Bornes game or some of the other games that dont exsist online anymore...this could be a very popular site :D

Bakster

You rookers are gonna try out Cyber Battles too? It's fun ;D

FireBird

yea fosho just found this place the other day...and all of us rookers with no where to play have a site where we talk to each other and leave posts and stuff...and she posted there letting everyone know about this place...everyone is so desperate for a decent place to play rook...fosho is right...this place would be so popular with a good rook game

missvicki

another thing i havent seen mentioned that i liked was the way games.com allowed us to private message in lobby that way u can ask one specific player to play and it doesnt get confussing but thats not as important as the other suggestions.... :)