• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Alien Blob and Fire

Started by TheMcCool, March 29, 2005, 07:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMcCool

As they were in the past, they would just slowly fill up the whole field, forming a pretty much permanent uncrossable barrier, if left unchecked. I suggest something along the lines of having them grow for 15 turns and then shrink for 15 turns to finally disappear.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

zzboots

Alien blob and fire spreading is fine, just another obsticle to overcome.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

TheMcCool

Well that's not exactly the point.. I mean give it enough time to let it grow to max size, then have it shrink. Usually by the time its grown to max size there is no way to overcome it, and it just prolongs the game into a draw.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

ZAPTONE_Z

sounds like a bad idea to me

plus how can you justifiy it logically?

it got bored of growing and died off?

TheMcCool

The fire burns itself out. The alien blob runs out of nutrients. I don't see why it's a bad idea... It would essentially work exactly the same, except after filling up half the screen making it impossible to get to the other side, it would shrink back down and go away.

zzboots

Quote from: TheMcCool on March 29, 2005, 09:29:17 AM
The fire burns itself out. The alien blob runs out of nutrients. I don't see why it's a bad idea... It would essentially work exactly the same, except after filling up half the screen making it impossible to get to the other side, it would shrink back down and go away.

:-\ Maybe you could burn yourself out?  :P  Just kill the guy with the fire before it becomes a big problem.  :D
-William G. McAdoo

BlitzJoker

Quote from: zzboots on March 29, 2005, 07:26:34 PM
:-\ Maybe you could burn yourself out? :P

Oh come on ZZ it was a reasonable suggestion. Its people like you who make others afraid to post their suggestions on forums, because of the rude comments.  ;) :D

zzboots

Quote from: BlitzJoker on March 29, 2005, 11:59:37 PM
Quote from: zzboots on March 29, 2005, 07:26:34 PM
:-\ Maybe you could burn yourself out? :P

Oh come on ZZ it was a reasonable suggestion. Its people like you who make others afraid to post their suggestions on forums, because of the rude comments.  ;) :D

Hey its not my fault; I am just giving my honest opinion.  Someone's gotta look out for everyone.  :)
-William G. McAdoo

TheMcCool

I request that zzboots be banned for flaming me. That comment hurt my self esteem and I had to lie on my bed shivering for hours before I finally calmed down. We don't need mean people like him here.

zzboots

Quote from: TheMcCool on March 30, 2005, 03:42:52 AM
I request that zzboots be banned for flaming me. That comment hurt my self esteem and I had to lie on my bed shivering for hours before I finally calmed down. We don't need mean people like him here.

I second that.  It's all in good fun.  You know i love you.  (In a fraternal, brotherly way of course.)  I've said it before and ill say it again, McCool is a pimp.
-William G. McAdoo

dragon75

the fire is actually fun. it is a thrill to see your opponent blocked by all sides by the fire, no way to excape. *evil laugh* that is a reasonable question though.
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

TheMcCool

Well, how about this. In the original game, alien blobs were actually attackable and killable, though they were pretty resilient. Perhaps lower their defense a little, and in addition make fire attackable too(we can assume the commander passed out fire extinguishers...) It would still be really risky to try, but at least it would give trapped people a chance. And to keep people from immediately destroying fire/alien blob when used, make them unkillable until they've grown once.

Eh, no big deal. I won't care if they're kept the same.. Just some ideas.

ZAPTONE_Z

attacking alien blob is ok (def 3 should be good)

but im not too sure about fire attacks  ???

Parsley

Maybe a live/die attack vs fire.
You can try it, but if you fail, you get burned to death.

ZAPTONE_Z

play with fire and get burned!