• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Comandante Matlu

Started by Blitz, December 04, 2005, 07:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitz

Matlu, I understand this should be in the "off-topic" section...though I doubt you ever check that, since the information there is less than important. Do as you wish with this thread, but I thought you might be interested in this.

I have been working on rather in depth research on Che Guevara. A requirement of the assignment is to make a website, which I will be doing in a month or so. I thought you might be interested though, seeing your interest in him. I have just made a graphic for the sight though, respect due to the "traditional" graphic representation of him.

Below is the original, and the one I altered for the site, which will also have the same red background. Your thoughts?

Also I am reading Companero : The Life and Death of Che Guevara, and Self Portrait Che Guevara. They are both very interesting, and informative if you wish to catch up on your Che reading  ;).

<edit>Had to shrink one image to be below upload size.
MVP zzboots fanclub

matlu

The image looks really great and I would like to see that webpage once you finish it :)

However, my interest in Guevara is not particulary deep, I think I like him and maybe also admire, but within certain limits :) I did not read the books you mentioned, but I would like to read them, I'm keen reader and this would be interesting.

Btw why have you deleted your previous nick? :)

Blitz

I will show you the page once it is finished.

As for the books, Companero is a great biography. It's about 450 pages of text, and is a slightly longer read than Self Portrait. Self Portrait, as the name implies, contains many of Che self portraits. It is more of a media art book, and less of an information book. Although it still contains many of his letters and text through the Cuban revolution.

My previous nickname was deleted due to lack of interest. I did not come back to Duel Board that often, and saw no need to keep my name up. When I was making this picture today I thought your opinion would be nice, so I registered this one. :)
MVP zzboots fanclub

Blitz

Anima you make good points. What you are saying is true though I don't think any of Ernesto's radical revolutions could have been possible without bloodshed.  ;)

Oh and an update on "Self Portrait", the book I spoke of. I didn't exactly have time to read any of it until yesterday. I found that it is in fact a "media art" book on Che in which about half the book contains pictures. The other half is filled with poems, letter, stories, and other writings from Che. It is very interesting as it is the unedited thoughts of him. If you do decide to read this, I hope you enjoy it.
MVP zzboots fanclub

matlu

QuoteAnd fighting for peace?! It doesnt make sense.

go tell it GW Bush, he apparently has different opinion. On the other hand, I hardly believe that anyone would like to have his picture on t-shirt

The_Gu3st

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Take you and you're political trash elsewhere! Bush is a great president and his view on terrorism is magnificent! Killing all those muslims? Yay! I completely support him and his decisions in Iraq. He has helped our country so much over that last 5 years. Its b/c of him that America's econimoy is thriving and the crime rates have dropped. Imagine what would have happened in New Orleans if the Prez. didn't act so quickly. You guys need to get up to date on your politics.

matlu

(He sure knows how to brainwash people, *cough* *cough*)

ok, let's not discuss politics here.... we are after games

The_Gu3st

Quote from: matlu on December 08, 2005, 11:01:53 AM
(He sure knows how to brainwash people, *cough* *cough*)

:D I was joking anyways... he's a horrible president.

Blitz

Quote from: virtuoso on December 08, 2005, 12:42:54 AM
Nice to see you back though. I've missed you :-*

As I missed you.  :-*  :-[
MVP zzboots fanclub

Blitz

I have the basic layout of my site finished. I hope it to be a homepage with an I-frame in the middle to show each page. It's not coded yet, but here is the basic layout. I haven't decided if I will make the frame's background color black, red, or white. The links will probably have rollover events also. Any suggestions?
MVP zzboots fanclub