• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Incomplete Game

Started by The_Gu3st, December 06, 2005, 01:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

I can do El pulse and Virus, but it will take few days, I'm quite busy at the moment, I'm also doing some freelance work.

But you have to have very clear idea how exactly it has to work (inlcuding all possible situations), and you have to explain it.

The_Gu3st

I'll tell you what they did the way I remember it. If I'm wrong in any way just post the corrections:

Electropulse- When using this you can choose to target either a monster or a commander. If targeting a monster with electropulse(60% success rate) , it must be a Tech monster. If sucessful, the monster is destroyed. If targeting the commander, you have a 10% success rate. If successful, all of the commanders tech monsters are destroyed.

Virus- Same as electropulse except you must target an Alien monster or a commander. If targeting the commander, all of that commanders alien monsters are destroyed.

Bakster

What about my graphics? Does nobody like them? I tried so hard!!!! :( :'( :'( :'(

Dodger

Quote from: The_Gu3st on December 06, 2005, 04:43:36 PM
I'll tell you what they did the way I remember it. If I'm wrong in any way just post the corrections:

Electropulse- When using this you can choose to target either a monster or a commander. If targeting a monster with electropulse(60% success rate) , it must be a Tech monster. If sucessful, the monster is destroyed. If targeting the commander, you have a 10% success rate. If successful, all of the commanders tech monsters are destroyed.

Virus- Same as electropulse except you must target an Alien monster or a commander. If targeting the commander, all of that commanders alien monsters are destroyed.

Was it nothing to do with creature resistance? I thought that the percentage depended on the resistance...

I think it should be higher than 10% for commanders...

Quote from: Bakster on December 06, 2005, 05:02:42 PM
What about my graphics? Does nobody like them? I tried so hard!!!! :( :'( :'( :'(

I love them  ;)

matlu

QuoteWas it nothing to do with creature resistance? I thought that the percentage depended on the resistance...
I think it should be higher than 10% for commanders...

here we are, how many people, so many opinions.

btw you don't have to worry about graphics, I believe that "blue" EP graphics from this thread is good, and Virus can use same "bio" graphics as mutate

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on December 06, 2005, 05:56:04 PM
I believe that "blue" EP graphics from this thread is good

:) Thanks

TheMcCool

Quote from: The_Gu3st on December 06, 2005, 04:43:36 PM

I don't remember that whole commander thing... Never saw anyone do it, never tried it myself. All I remember is they pretty much worked most of the time on any creature. People rarely wasted them on something less than an alien queen or a spideroid, and they were successful on those monsters much of the time. Therefore it's logical to assume that if resistance had an effect on it, it was a very small effect - (somewhere between 60-80% success rate on the highest resist level monsters.)

Quote from: matlu on December 06, 2005, 05:56:04 PM
here we are, how many people, so many opinions.

btw you don't have to worry about graphics, I believe that "blue" EP graphics from this thread is good, and Virus can use same "bio" graphics as mutate

That's why you never put it in? People had different opinions on every other feature in the game...
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Dodger

Okay I see that.

And I saw people using it on Commanders. Only not too often, as it very rarely worked...that was why I thought it was about resistance..

TheMcCool

This is my take on Virus and Electropulse, and why they are important:

Even if they are put in exactly how they were in the original, yes, people will complain and whine about them. Oh no it's unfair, my battlemech is gone just like that, etc. But in a game like this, they help to balance things out. Typically a player with a good hand beats a player with a bad hand. If someone has a bunch of awesome monsters and I don't, having a chance of having a virus or an electropulse in my deck gives me one more way to counter them and stand a fair chance, instead of just losing because I had "crap". They complete the cyber battles deck and add a little more variety to matches, and that's a good thing.

One way in which they add variety to matches, is they add another thing to think about - if you're able, you might save your mech/whatever until very late in the game, hoping you can get them to use their electropulse/virus on something else during the game if they do indeed have one. As the game is now there's no reason not to beam down a mech or a queen as soon as you're able, unless you want to try and surprise your opponent or they're close enough to kill it with some holoed monster.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Dodger

matlu

Are you sure that when EP/Virus targets a commander and it succeeds, it will kill ALL his tech/life monsters? Shouldn't each his monster be attacked individually with possibility to be killed or survive? (Just asking to be sure)

Dodger

If commander is targeted with Virus, and it suceeds, then it kills all of his Life monsters.

If commander is targeted with Electropulse, and it suceeds, then it kills all of his Tech monsters.

Bakster

Know what else we need? THE ABILITY TO WATCH GAMES IN PROGRESS!

matlu

That's really not very easy thing to do, and I really don't have one week free time.