• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

ELECTRO PULSE & VIRUS

Started by matlu, December 07, 2005, 04:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

I just created EP & VIRUS. Here is how they currently work:

- they have base probability 50%, which is normally modified by world alignment
- if you fail this initial probability roll, then nothing happens
- if you succeded probability roll, then  depending on what you targetted:

1. you targeted monster:
this monsters is attacked by very strong attack (strength 10). Very strong monsters have small chance to survive, average or weak monsters have no chance to survive

2. you targeted commander:
another 50% roll is done (not modified, always 50%). If it succeeds, all tech/life monsters of that commander are destroyed. If it failes, nothing happens.
Thus you you have 25% chance to destroy all monsters at zero alignment, and 50% to destroy all monsters at alignment 5 or more.

Known limitations:
- gooed monsters are not affected in any way, sorry
- commander in vehicle cannot be targeted (it is considered as attack at vehicle)

Dodger

Ummm....I confused...

Quote- they have base probability 50%, which is normally modified by world alignment

I thought it was going to be 60%...uneffected by alignment.

Quote1. you targeted monster:
this monsters is attacked by very strong attack (strength 10). Very strong monsters have small chance to survive, average or weak monsters have no chance to survive

I think the monster should be killed outright, no attack/defense rolls.

QuoteThus you you have 25% chance to destroy all monsters at zero alignment, and 50% to destroy all monsters at alignment 5 or more.

How is that?

Quote- commander in vehicle cannot be targeted (it is considered as attack at vehicle)

That is how it should be.

Oh aned did you forget to mention that Virus only effects life monsters and Electopulse only effects tech?

Does anyone else agree that this is how it should work?

Dodger

Ahhh...I've just been on to test....And it looks like we forgot something....
I'm pretty sure you should need line of sight to target enemy commander/creature.

matlu

QuoteI thought it was going to be 60%...uneffected by alignment.
I have original jagex datafiles, which uses 50% affected by alignment. However, they maybe changed it later, this may be early version of datafiles.
I would prefer to keep it as it is.

QuoteI think the monster should be killed outright, no attack/defense rolls
I don't know. Let more people say their opinion....

QuoteThus you you have 25% chance to destroy all monsters at zero alignment, and 50% to destroy all monsters at alignment 5 or more.

How is that?
elementary math. Base probability (which is modified by world alignment) get modified by additional fixed 50% roll

Dodger

I still think that line of sight is needed. And I don't remember alignment effecting the probability....that would mean that when someone is able to beam a Mech or Spider (alignment is high), there is 100% chance of an electropulse working on it...Doesn't seem too fair...

Bakster

It seems perfectly fair to me. If someone can get a real mech or spider, chances are you won't have much to stop it. That's where electropulse comes in.

Bakster's childhood memories
I accidentally burnt down my neighbour's house when smoking....not really...I just wanted something interesting to say  :P And no, I will never smoke and I never have done.

zzboots

Bravo matlu.  All sounds sound.

But 50% to kill all monsters (at alignment 5) may be a bit high? Perhaps always a 25% chance to kill everything would be better, if its not too much of a hastle too change?

This keeps it the same odds for when someone luckily beams a good monster at a low percentage as a game where the alignment has been allowed to increase.

*Twenty rounds of appluse for matlu*
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

New motto: "Live by the Eletropulse, Die by the Virus"
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Dodger

zzboots

Quote from: Dodger on December 08, 2005, 01:33:04 AM
What about line of sight??
Line of sight was never required in cw, nor shall it be in cb, hopeuflly.  8)
-William G. McAdoo

Dodger

zzboots

Quote from: Dodger on December 08, 2005, 02:16:08 AM
You sure about that?  ???
It had a range of 20.  plenty of distance to reach from one corner to another.

I am 98% sure.
-William G. McAdoo

TheMcCool

Line of sight was not needed.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

The_Gu3st

It should kill the monster outright instead of it having probability. Thanks for adding it Matlu  :D

Dodger

How come we arn't using the blue lightning graphic I made for electropulse?

Bakster

What about my incredibly realistic recreation of a virus?