• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

ELECTRO PULSE & VIRUS

Started by matlu, December 07, 2005, 04:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

Quote from: Dodger on December 08, 2005, 06:49:44 PM
How come we arn't using the blue lightning graphic I made for electropulse?
:-[ :-\  ???

How come?

matlu

it requires some work, for which i had no time so far

matlu

- I believe that they ARE affected by world alignmet (unless I made some bug)
- not leaving corpses is not a problem... but does it make sense? And do most people want it?

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on December 10, 2005, 12:20:00 PM
- I believe that they ARE affected by world alignmet (unless I made some bug)
- not leaving corpses is not a problem... but does it make sense? And do most people want it?

Not important... Just needs a different graphic  ;)

matlu

Dodger

Bakster

I don't understand.

The alignment was Tech 6, electropulse was supposedly '100%', yet it failed on his Spider.

I think I require a re-explanation of the percentages.

And we need a new graphic for virus (Hint Hint)

Dodger

Again, I think that EP shouldn't have strenth, if it works then it should just kill.

matlu

Hm, I looked at my code and I just realized that Virus & EP targetted at single monster also take resistance in account (with bonus 2, exaclty as disrupter and disintergator). Ok, I can make it kill without any attack at all... but wouldn't it become too strong then? It would kill 100% at world alignment 5. I think I should at least lower base probability to 40%

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on December 11, 2005, 12:22:20 PM
Hm, I looked at my code and I just realized that Virus & EP targetted at single monster also take resistance in account (with bonus 2, exaclty as disrupter and disintergator). Ok, I can make it kill without any attack at all... but wouldn't it become too strong then? It would kill 100% at world alignment 5. I think I should at least lower base probability to 40%

Okay. I would like that.  :)

Dodger

Quote from: willie on December 12, 2005, 12:03:28 AM
if its that strong then, i think it oughta definitely not leave a body behind.  the virus would be like a flesh eating virus and the electropulse would be like a lightning bolt to 100% kill.

Electropulse is not a 'lightning bolt' it's an electropulse. Wiki it if you don't know what that means. So it should leave a body.

Dodger

No.
An Electropulse (well I'm assuming it's an Electro Magnetic Pulse) 'immobilises' machines, so there would be a 'body'.

Maybe it's Disintergrator that should leave no body  :)

This doesn't matter! Why are we discussing it??

Dodger

Talking to myself again....Why do people have to delete their posts?  >:(

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on December 07, 2005, 04:14:11 PM
Known limitations:
- gooed monsters are not affected in any way, sorry
- commander in vehicle cannot be targeted (it is considered as attack at vehicle)

Ummm....When you say goo'ed monsters....Do you mean when they have got out of goo they can't be destroyed with EP/Virus? (like the holo ones that turn real?)