• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

ELECTRO PULSE & VIRUS

Started by matlu, December 07, 2005, 04:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

Quote from: Dodger on December 13, 2005, 12:45:44 AM
Talking to myself again....Why do people have to delete their posts?  >:(

This would not happen if you used "quote" :)

QuoteUmmm....When you say goo'ed monsters....Do you mean when they have got out of goo they can't be destroyed with EP/Virus? (like the holo ones that turn real?)

what I meant is, that any monster which is currently trapped by goo WHEN Virus/EP is invoked will not be affected by this action.
Monster which is released from goo does not "remember" that it was trapped before, it will be affected by any future Virus/EP (or any other action) normally.

Dodger

Ahhh...I understand. So when commander is attacked with EP or Virus, Goo trapped monsters will be uneffected. Get it :) Thanks.
And I think that is fine.

matlu

can you explain detaily how you think it should work?

Dodger

Nope. It works perfectly now.

matlu

Remember that currently if you target a monster directly, it works in similar way as Disruptor or Disintegrator, it is just much stronger. It still does resistance check (with +2 bonus).

Dodger

Oh...it does??
I thought you changed it to work, just off the first percentage?? If that succeeds then it kills, irregardless of defense.

<<<<This is how it should be.

matlu

exactly as is described in very first post of this thread. I haven't changed it since then.

matlu

I removed resistance check when targetting a monster. Now it is just Str 10 attack

Bakster

Someone killed all my tech monsters with electropulse :'(

I had a laser robot, probe and a sentry robot.

Don't ask me why I said this, it just felt appropriate and I wasn't expecting all my monsters to die at the time :P

cDigital

One time I was dating a girl who morphed into the creature from Baksters Iron Maiden avatar.  Scary!  No sex for her :) Ok maybe

Bakster

It's not a creature! It's Eddie, the legendary Maiden mascot!! (I hope I got the name right, or I suck) :-[

matlu

I also noticed that Virus & EP changed the game significantly. Now, in each game with more players, it's very likely that somebody has got Virus or EP, and your hard-summoned Queens and Mechs are in bigger danger than before.
The question is, whether it is good or bad. I don't know :)

matlu

Quote from: willie on December 20, 2005, 08:56:42 PM
isnt it possible to put both resistence check and str 10 attack together?

what do you mean? I just *removed* resistance check few days ago. Very first version had resistance check (when targetting a monster). Currently there is no resistance check

cDigital

Quote from: matlu on December 20, 2005, 04:31:31 PM
I also noticed that Virus & EP changed the game significantly. Now, in each game with more players, it's very likely that somebody has got Virus or EP, and your hard-summoned Queens and Mechs are in bigger danger than before.
The question is, whether it is good or bad. I don't know :)

I am very happy with it as is.  Also with games with more players the likleyhood of more mechs & spiders also goes up.   ;D

The_Gu3st

Im happy with the new way, without any resistence check. It makes it more challenging and gives the guy playing defence a better chance.