• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

[It's all the] Little things

Started by Parsley, March 30, 2005, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsley

- A notice on duelboard.com showing how many players are currently playing.

- A 'tab' option to switch from user name to password (or save details option)

- A 'Guest' option for newbies, providing a forced 'Guest' name (e.g. Guest0001)

- A 'return to lobby' button within the game

- As someone mentioned, a spectator option

- Someone else suggested a tick box for holograms

Any others?

[Edit] - Perhaps a small coloured dot to show which team a mob is on

matlu

Should not be hard to do, but it would take some time and it's not priority issue for me

Quote- A 'tab' option to switch from user name to password (or save details option)
You can currently use Enter to switch between fields! Tab SHOULD work also, but it doesn't work on most browsers for some reason (probably because tab is meant to switch between widgets on the webpage)

- A 'Guest' option for newbies, providing a forced 'Guest' name (e.g. Guest0001)
man, but it's been already working since friday! There is big note above game window about it.

Yep, I know about it, will be done in due time  :)

Ehm, in fact it was mentioned by me  :D I know it would be nice feature, but there are some issues involved. Definitelly I'll start working on it soon.

Quote- Someone else suggested a tick box for holograms
It's not usability problem, just cosmetic problem, and those have very low priority for me.

QuotePerhaps a small coloured dot to show which team a mob is on
I don't understand what do you mean. What is a 'mob'?

Parsley

[Ed. - Not quite got the hang of this quote thing.]

Cheers for the response Matlu - wasn't really looking for answers though, was more trying to spur other people to give their little suggestions.  :-*

Quote from: matlu on March 30, 2005, 04:16:37 PM

Should not be hard to do, but it would take some time and it's not priority issue for me

Ok

Quote- A 'tab' option to switch from user name to password (or save details option)

You can currently use enter switch between fields! Tab SHOULD work also, but it doesn't work on most browsers for some reason (probably because tab is meant to switch between widgets on the webpage)

Oh, ok

man, but it's been already working since friday! There is big note above game window about it.

Ah, ok.

Yep, I know about it, will be done in due time  :)

Ok, cool

Ehm, in fact it was mentioned by me  :D I know it would be nice feature, but there are some issues involved. Definitelly I'll start working on it soon.

Heh, ok

Quote- Someone else suggested a tick box for holograms
It's not usability problem, just cosmetic problem, and those have very low priority for me.

Okey Dokey

QuotePerhaps a small coloured dot to show which team a mob is on

I don't understand what do you mean. What is a 'mob'?

Mob = Mobile = Monster, ok?

zzboots

Perhaps have an option on whether or not other people can watch your game.  Sometimes we all want some private time.  :)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

TheMcCool

Quote from: zzboots on March 30, 2005, 09:43:49 PM
Perhaps have an option on whether or not other people can watch your game.  Sometimes we all want some private time.  :)

Ewwww...
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

zzboots

-William G. McAdoo

BlitzJoker

ZZ is right, we all deserve a little privacy.....

matlu

Quote from: BlitzJoker on March 31, 2005, 10:48:47 PM
ZZ is right, we all deserve a little privacy.....

Uh, I'm not sure if "we" deserve "so much" privacy. To have to set an extra option before the game starts would make it even more complicated (there are already suggestions to be able to set whether the game is rated or not, to choose a skin, and maybe I also forgot some more options).
I personally don't see a reason why some games should be non-observable. Definitelly the person who just observes the game will NOT be able to chat in this game (of course people who become observers because they were killed and decided to watch the rest of the game will still be able to chat).

zzboots

Quote from: matlu on March 31, 2005, 11:27:44 PM
Uh, I'm not sure if "we" deserve "so much" privacy. To have to set an extra option before the game starts would make it even more complicated (there are already suggestions to be able to set whether the game is rated or not, to choose a skin, and maybe I also forgot some more options).
I personally don't see a reason why some games should be non-observable. Definitelly the person who just observes the game will NOT be able to chat in this game (of course people who become observers because they were killed and decided to watch the rest of the game will still be able to chat).

If you have the option for people to watch, I say let them chat too.  But, maybe along the side have a list of players watching?
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

Quote from: zzboots on April 01, 2005, 12:51:18 AM
If you have the option for people to watch, I say let them chat too.  But, maybe along the side have a list of players watching?

- let them chat too: definitelly not! They will be only able to send private messages. Imagine that you play a game with somebody, and 10 other people would get in, and started to speak something
- have a list of players watching: No. Too much work, for no reason. And there is no place so display this list. (I want to display list of players below the quick-info. ) It's also useless.

TheMcCool

Well if the spectators can't chat, then they shouldn't be able to see the players' chat... That would be kind of weird.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

BladeSabre

I agree that the spectators shouldn't be able to see the players' chat. I also agree that it's useless to have a list of spectators, but it would be nice to have a count of how many there are (perhaps as one more line below the list of players).

Something else that could go with the 'return to lobby' button: a "log out" button on the "choose a game" screen, so it's possible to change to a different username or take a break without reloading the applet.

Also, when in "observer mode" it would be nice to get the same commentary that's given to active players, because the game makes much more sense when it's clear whose turn it is and what they are attempting to do.

matlu

Ehm, I almost completely forgot about observing etc. Good to remind me.
I agree that observers should not be able to read the chat, and it also should not be difficult to display number of observers somewhere.
- to see same commentary as active players - yes, I was thinking about it, will be better.